Bulldog Folding Hunter Knives Prototype Rare

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
elwood

Bulldog Folding Hunter Knives Prototype Rare

Post by elwood »

I am getting ready to sell some Bulldog Brand knives on my AAPK member store. Before I do, I have some questions asking for help. I find it difficult to get information on many Bulldog knives, but especially the Folding Hunter knives. I am including pictures of three Bulldog Brand folding hunter Prototype knives. The first one is a Pearl handled knife that is marked "Prototype". I suspect this knife may have been assembled from factory parts in the 1990's (which is about the time I bought it from Parkers Knife). This is a 4 7/8 inch knife. The next two are 5 1/4 inch knives and I don't remember where I got them but I bought them about that same time. They both have two shields on them, one on each side. One is marked "Bulldog Brand Prototype". It has no other markings including no tang stamp. The other knife has a variation of the "Pit Bulls Trade Mark" etch. If you are familiar with that blade etch, you can see this has some extra flourishes on both ends of the etch. This knife also has the "Fighting Dogs" tang stamp on the front, and "Bulldog Brand Hammer Forged Solingen" on the back tang. The back tang stamp may also have "Germany" on it, but it is buried and can't be seen. I would really appreciate any information you might have about the history of these knives and maybe a price range. Thanks in advance
Attachments
aaa 001.JPG
aaa 003.JPG
aaa 004.JPG
aaa 005.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Bulldog Folding Hunter Knives Prototype Rare

Post by kootenay joe »

elwood, i do not know the answers here but there is an AAPK member who knows pretty well every Bulldog knife and hopefully he will see this & post.
kj
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Lots of Parker's knives had the prototype marking that probably won't raise the value much on the Bulldog brands. I sold some folding Hunters here about 2 years ago and I think I averaged around 70 bucks a piece. You may want to do a search on eBay for the same type of knives just to get an idea of what other people are selling them for. I hope this helps you a little bit anyway.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I have seen those folding hunters with the shield on both sides but have not seen the Pearl. I believe your assessment that Parker had these made in the 90's is correct.

Tom
Loose Arrow

Post by Loose Arrow »

elwood wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm
::handshake::
Hello elwood,
I got your message the other day and I have replied directly to you here and through your email.
Hope you receive this message. Thanks again for your interest,
Ron

Return to “European-made knives”