MOP Bulldog

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

MOP Bulldog

Post by Quick Steel »

P1020105.JPG
P1020106.JPG
XX Case XX

Re: MOP Bulldog

Post by XX Case XX »

Beautiful knife. The MOP handles have that deep, rich color. I've always like the etching on the blades too. Looks really classy. ::nod:: Very nice photos by the way. The contrast of red & steel/MOP really bring out the beauty of your knife. ::tu:: Sharp, clear images too. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Garry that knife could make a Bulldog collector out of me. It's beautiful ! ::tu:: ::drool:: ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thank you Mike and Phil. I appreciate the comments. Bulldog has become my favorite German label.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I refer to Bulldog as a German label which it originally was. Most recently GEC has been producing them so the quality is excellent. When Olbertz stopped making them, Parker eventually got the remaining pieces and had them put together tho I am not sure where this was done. Seems the Parkers were done by some German factory.

Does anyone know when GEC began producing them?

There are now some Bulldogs coming from China. The tang stamps look questionable. Does anyone know if these are legitimately licenced?
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Quick Steel wrote:I refer to Bulldog as a German label which it originally was. Most recently GEC has been producing them so the quality is excellent. When Olbertz stopped making them, Parker eventually got the remaining pieces and had them put together tho I am not sure where this was done. Seems the Parkers were done by some German factory.

Does anyone know when GEC began producing them?

There are now some Bulldogs coming from China. The tang stamps look questionable. Does anyone know if these are legitimately licenced?
You know what QS? I would really like to read the answer to that question myself. In fact, I created a post about a week ago titled "Who Made What"? I was curious as to the "entirety" of that process concerning Northwoods/GEC/Queen, as well as the German/Parker/Olbertz thing. I hope someone here can give a fairly detailed response to your question.

By the way, I added some comments about your knife after you had already read it the first time. I hope you saw everything. ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Yes I did pick up on your added comments. Thanks. I was lucky in catching the light at just the right time. Tracking the flow of production for Bulldog and some other brands is very challenging. In fact it doesn't even seem possible with some unless one is able to devote many hours and days to the pursuit. The last I heard, the Parker Knife service still owns the brand. Bringing China into all this will, I think, make the 1st generation Bulldogs increase in value. I have no idea if the China knives can maintain the quality of earlier Bulldogs. I am not optimistic in that regard and as of now have no intention of sampling them.

Whether made in Germany or by GEC, Bulldog has made some fine knives. Hope the brand does not get diluted with this recent development, i.e. China.

Return to “European-made knives”