Are these gasers?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Adog

Are these gasers?

Post by Adog »

Can anyone help me out with the question are these knives acrylic like I was told when I purchased them or are they Celioud? Tried to post pictures of the 15 Bulldog Scout knives can't get it done. Was at the phone company. And the girl that helped me said that the pictures were posted, I sure don't see any. Still trying to get the picture posted, Adog.

NEVER GIVE UP AND U WILL GET IT DONE
Attachments
20170614_083748.jpg
20170614_083737.jpg
20170614_083728.jpg
Brian Battaglia

Re: Are these gasers?

Post by Brian Battaglia »

Look like acrylic to me :)
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

Think the celluloid is just a wrap, but I've been wrong on many occasions.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Adog - those are some nice looking knives. Regarding the handles, I do not know if they are celluloid or acrylic. I know that Bulldog did make some celluloid knives - I have one that is gassing. Hopefully someone with some knowledge about Bulldogs material for those particular knives will come along. I have to say that they look celluloid to me, but I do not have a lot of experience with acrylic.

Sam - celluloid is a material that is used in knife handles. Check out this thread for some examples:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=26191&hilit=bulldog+celluloid
Mel
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

I don't know much about Bulldogs, but in the pictures these look like acrylic to me.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

I believe they are not celluloid. I think the only bulldogs that had celluloid handles were the early bulldogs that were made at the same time the 1st Fight'n roosters were made. The scout knives came along later, not sure if the dates but the knife stamps will tell. Scout knives should be acrylic. ::tu::

Tom
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

My hypothesis is acrylic....could the OP post a picture looking through the knife (i.e. either towards the springs or the liners)....I think you can see right through them which would validate acrylic vs. celluloid which would be 100% of the covers.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
rexstubbins

Post by rexstubbins »

I am leaning towards acrylic because of the colors. I am hoping acrylic because I have a congress bulldog with scales like 14 down counting left to right and down. To me I always thought it was celluloid but now rethinking.
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
emzornes

Post by emzornes »

I would say Acrylic also those are a much later design then when the celluloid handles where produced not sure of the knife design time frame but if I had to guess mid 2000s. I had two nice red sparkle canoes that gas both 1 generation knives. I seem to notice the sparkle type ones tend to gas more than the others just my observation.

Return to “European-made knives”