Bulldog Cattle Kings

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
zeke8
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Bulldog Cattle Kings

Post by zeke8 »

Three rare 1st gen Cattle Kings.
Attachments
Cattle King BKC #362-D 1 of 2, 363-G 1 of 84, and green bone 1-blade unlisted 1 of ?
Cattle King BKC #362-D 1 of 2, 363-G 1 of 84, and green bone 1-blade unlisted 1 of ?
20161111_170037.jpg
20161111_170201.jpg
kootenay joe

Re: Bulldog Cattle Kings

Post by kootenay joe »

Hi zeke, Welcome to AAPK ! If you love knives this is a great place to be.
A fine trio of Bulldogs you are showing here. 4 1/4" closed, correct ?
I am not a Bulldog collector but i know that when Jim Parker took over from Charlie Dorton the knives were not always what the markings said.
For example he used the left over First Generation blades to make copies of the original First Gen. knives. Please note: i am mentioning this because it is part of the intriguing history of Bulldog knives, not in reference to these knives you have posted.
kj
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Very nice looking knives. I like the blade etch on those Bulldogs, they look sharp. Well done. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
zeke8
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by zeke8 »

kootenay joe wrote:Hi zeke, Welcome to AAPK ! If you love knives this is a great place to be.
A fine trio of Bulldogs you are showing here. 4 1/4" closed, correct ?
I am not a Bulldog collector but i know that when Jim Parker took over from Charlie Dorton the knives were not always what the markings said.
For example he used the left over First Generation blades to make copies of the original First Gen. knives. Please note: i am mentioning this because it is part of the intriguing history of Bulldog knives, not in reference to these knives you have posted.
kj
Hi kj,
Thank you! Yes, I have the affliction "Knife Fever" and this is an excellent web site. You are correct about the knives, as being 4-1/4" equal end Cattle Kings. I have been collecting knives going on ten years now. I consider myself as a green or new collector still. The main brand of knives I collect are Bulldog 1st gen and some 2nd gen. I also like Fight'n Rooster and the original Colonel Coons. I have been fooled several times when buying Bulldog knives as your words above describe. I have met some great knowledgeable people that know the Bulldog Brand of knives and the subtle differences of a true 1st gen and a remake. They have and continue to help and guide me through the muddy waters that were created. The knives that I have posted pictures of have come from solid, down to earth, and genuine good people. With that said, all of the knives that I posted pictures of are true 1st gen Bulldogs. Some of which are very rare low run knives and quite possibly be the only survivors left.
zeke ::tu::
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Zeke, your Cattle Kings are gorgeous! ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here is my stag 4 1/4" Bulldog Cattle King which i believe is a first generation Bulldog. The back of the sheepsfoot tang is marked "English Steel 1985 ".
kj
Attachments
Picture 027.jpg
Picture 030.jpg
Picture 028.jpg
Picture 029.jpg
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

Nice one Roland, 1st generation all the way. A handful of a knife ::tu::

Tom
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you Tom. I would like to pass this one along to a Bulldog collector who needs it for his collection (or her collection).
There is also a pearl Tobacco Congress (First Gen) that could accompany it.
kj
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

I have never saw these "cattle kings" blade etches before, let alone
being stag scales ::dang::
KJ...wow..yours just has that old west look to me !!!
Really like em being a old west fan and all, thanks for posting !!!

Will
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/clearcreekknives
Adog

Post by Adog »

kootenay joe wrote:Thank you Tom. I would like to pass this one along to a Bulldog collector who needs it for his collection (or her collection).
There is also a pearl Tobacco Congress (First Gen) that could accompany it.
kj
For Kootenay Joe a question, is that Cattle King still available? I'm interested in it is am a new member and not sure if this is how to reply to your post. Adog
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Adog, welcome to AAPK. The 'rules' here are sensible & 'easy going'. It is fine to post asking if a knife is available or you can click on a member's name and then choose to send an email or P.M. (private message).
I will send you a PM regarding this Bulldog knife.
kj
emzornes

Post by emzornes »

I really like the cattle king knives but I wouldn't want to carry one in my pocket. I really love that S&D etched one to bad it doesn't say Maysville on it I would be trying to buy it from you. Nice set you got there though.
zeke8
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by zeke8 »

Hi emornes,

I apologize for the late response to your post. I have many irons in the fire and forget to check my posts on this great site. No, carrying one of these knives in your pocket is not recommended. I tried and it was unpleasant. The only way to carry a knife this size is a sheath. The stag S&D etched knife is one of only two made. They made just one other knife with the S&D Our Best etch and it had red sparkle celluloid handle material. Since there were only three knives made with that etch, it may take years for them to surface. That is if they are in a maintained collection. The hunt for the rare birds is part of the fun of collecting. Thank you for the interest of my knives.

Rick

Return to “European-made knives”