Hunters Pride & Cattle King

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
kootenay joe

Hunters Pride & Cattle King

Post by kootenay joe »

Hunters Pride is a 5" 2 blade Folding Hunter. Cattle King is a 4 1/4" 3 blade Cattle knife.
Are these "first generation" Bulldog knives ?
As i understand it "first generation" refers to the time when Charlie Dorton owned the Bulldog brand and goes from about 1978-83. Please correct if this is wrong.
thanks, kj
Attachments
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
robinetn

Re: Hunters Pride & Cattle King

Post by robinetn »

First Generation Bulldogs were made 1978 - 1987 . I believe that your Hunters Pride is a 2nd generation (because of the long matchstriker pull) and the Cattle King was probably released in 1986 . (I stand to be corrected on both of these statements by a more knowledgeable "Dog" man)
Bob
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks. They both have long matchstriker pulls so i don't understand this part: "Hunters Pride is a 2nd generation (because of the long matchstriker pull)" But if Cattle King is 1986 = first generation and it has the long matchstriker pull.
Can you explain a bit further ?
kj
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks. They both have long matchstriker pulls so i don't understand this part: "Hunters Pride is a 2nd generation (because of the long matchstriker pull)" But if Cattle King is 1986 = first generation and it has the long matchstriker pull.
Can you explain a bit further ?
kj
The matchstriker pull on the hunter is longer on the 2nd gen. , but pulls on most of of the other styles is shorter on the 2nd gen . I can't explain why . ::shrug::
Bob

Return to “European-made knives”