Do I have a unique Bulldog?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
tdpowers

Do I have a unique Bulldog?

Post by tdpowers »

Happy to find this forum to ask my questions. My Internet research has been unable to identify or find another bulldog knife like the one I just bought. Attached are five pictures I took with my phone. As you can see it is orange and blue, has the double dog heads, small shield, three blades and scissors, and appears to be about 2-7/8" closed. I would like to know the style name, can it be dated, and is it rare? Giving it to my grandson for his high school graduation.

Also, Would I ruin it by having his initials engraved onto the small shield?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Do I have a unique Bulldog?

Post by philco »

I don't know Bulldog knives at all so I'm not qualified to answer your questions, but I will say putting initials in the shield will not help the market value of the knife. On the other hand, I would hope since it will be a gift from you to your grandson, it won't be on the market anyway.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
olderdogs1

Re: Do I have a unique Bulldog?

Post by olderdogs1 »

The knife dates from 2000-2004 with that stamp. Go ahead and engrave it, most of its value is as a user. Tell your grandson to either carry it or store it in the air away from other knives. Celluloid handles can gas so this protects the other knives he may obtain.it is a small stockman, made in Germany and not particularly rare.
Hope this helps.
Tom

Return to “European-made knives”