Better or worse?

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
Warbird

Better or worse?

Post by Warbird »

I have a colonel coon knife that was given to me by Mr. Harris. I've looked at many pictures of his various knives but I don't see one like the knife he gave me. Every one I've seen that's the same style has some etching on it. Either the logo or something else. This one, as far as I can tell, is plain. I'm wondering if that's better or worse as far as it's value is concerned. Anyone with some knowledge have any information that would be helpful?
IMG_2143[1].JPG
IMG_2137[1].JPG
IMG_2141[1].JPG
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Re: Better or worse?

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Do you have any proof that is was given to you by Harris? A letter from him or a photo of the two of you, or something?
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
Warbird

Post by Warbird »

Well considering I was married to his daughter for 10 years, I'd have to say yes. He's in our wedding pics that I have on a cd.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Warbird wrote:Well considering I was married to his daughter for 10 years, I'd have to say yes. He's in our wedding pics that I have on a cd.
::tu:: :lol:
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

lol - yeah, I would say that even the guys on Antique Roadshow might consider that legitimate "Provenance"... ::tu::
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Does it matter what it's worth ? Under the circumstances I can't imagine ever selling it.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Warbird

Post by Warbird »

Does it matter? No, I suppose it doesn't. Just curiosity mainly. I have no desire to sell it but I am curious what it's worth.
mnstuff

Post by mnstuff »

Warbird there were many of Adrian's knives without any etching on the blades . As far as value condition is everything . Your knife would probably clean up ok but excellent barlows with stag sell for around 200 to 250 dollars with etching . Hope this helps.
Warbird

Post by Warbird »

mnstuff wrote:Warbird there were many of Adrian's knives without any etching on the blades . As far as value condition is everything . Your knife would probably clean up ok but excellent barlows with stag sell for around 200 to 250 dollars with etching . Hope this helps.
Thank you for the info! It does!

Return to “Colonel Coon”