Got my first Coon coming!

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
marinewar1

Got my first Coon coming!

Post by marinewar1 »

Annnnd, I'm pretty excited! I know they're made by Queen, so the quality has to be there.

I usually carry a Case, but I been itchin' for a Coon for a while now. I've also always wanted a Trapper, and I've also always wanted one with the Easy Open blade (razor) - and voila! The Colonel comes through with all of these!

Anybody else got one of these? Impressions? And be honest! Haha.

Semper Fi.
Attachments
Coon
Coon
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Got my first Coon coming!

Post by jerryd6818 »

There ya go. Beauty eh?

My one time, safe queen experience with a Coon has been positive. It's an English Jack with smooth orange bone handles and the main is a spear blade so that covers three of my favorites.
Attachments
Colonel Coon English Jack Orange Smooth Bone - Open Angle.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
MTURBO

Post by MTURBO »

The pics look good. I'd like to try one of these knives out myself.
marinewar1

Post by marinewar1 »

jerryd6818 wrote:There ya go. Beauty eh?

My one time, safe queen experience with a Coon has been positive. It's an English Jack with smooth orange bone handles and the main is a spear blade so that covers three of my favorites.
Yeah, that's a beaut too!

Return to “Colonel Coon”