Canal Street Employees

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
JC082705

Canal Street Employees

Post by JC082705 »

Good afternoon,
This is Joe. I am working on some research about Canal Street Cutlery for a knife project. Can anyone help me with the employees that worked there and what was there positions were?
kootenay joe

Re: Canal Street Employees

Post by kootenay joe »

You made this thread about 10 weeks ago and no one has replied. There are members here who either worked for CSC or had relatives who did, and they know the history in detail.
Perhaps someone has contacted you and you now have the info you were seeking ?
kj
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I would loved to have responded to the original request, however, It is not my right to disclose who worked there and who didn't, without that person's permission. I talk all of the time about my Uncle Harold who worked there as the sample maker, design maker, Master Cutler, however, I have asked for his permission to be able to do that.

I know many of the employees that were there...just not my right to disclose that information without their consent.

Sorry

Tom
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

Thank you Tom. I am not looking for their full name. I just wanted to get their first names for the website that I am building about knives and CSC. I am afraid that this information will be lost. I am trying to compile as much info on CSC for my website that I am building. CSC knives are some of the finest knives and I would like for them to be remembered.

Thank you

Joe
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:17 am You made this thread about 10 weeks ago and no one has replied. There are members here who either worked for CSC or had relatives who did, and they know the history in detail.
Perhaps someone has contacted you and you now have the info you were seeking ?
kj
Thank you

Joe
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

Tom,
Any additional info or stories about CSC would be greatly appreciated. I received a wealth of information from Drop Point Hunter about a lot of the knives and the more rare knives.

Joe

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”