Canal Street Cutlery Kudu handle

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
JC082705

Canal Street Cutlery Kudu handle

Post by JC082705 »

Hi, my name is Joe and I have been looking for a Canal street Cutlery Kudu bone handle. I cannot even find a pic of one. If anyone has one, I would love to talk about it and get a pic of it.

Thank you

Joe
RalphAlsip

Re: Canal Street Cutlery Kudu handle

Post by RalphAlsip »

JC082705 wrote:Hi, my name is Joe and I have been looking for a Canal street Cutlery Kudu bone handle. I cannot even find a pic of one. If anyone has one, I would love to talk about it and get a pic of it.
ea42 wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing a Kudu handled Canal Street knife. However in 2018 when Canal Street Co-op got restarted they offered the Pinch lock back in Wildebeest. Here is a picture of a Canal Street in Wildebeest.
Attachments
Canal Street Co-op Pinch Lockback Wildebeest Front & Back.jpg
Canal Street Co-op Pinch Lockback Wildebeest #3 small.jpg
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

Thank you for the pic. From what I know, Michael had only a few made, I believe less than 25. They are so rare. I am about to start posting some CSC pics along with some history. I am trying to fine one of these knives for the project.

Joe
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

Thank you for the pic. From what I know, Michael had only a few made, I believe less than 25. They are so rare. I am about to start posting some CSC pics along with some history. I am trying to fine one of these knives for the project.

Joe
Coreysbu

Post by Coreysbu »

Found this on another forum. This is not my pic. Here's the moon pie trapper in Kudu Horn.
Attachments
moonpie.jpg
JC082705

Post by JC082705 »

That is awesome thank you

Joe

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”