Ram's Horn

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
boykinlp

Ram's Horn

Post by boykinlp »

I have been lusting after a Ram's Horn knife for quite awhile. I got this one today. Here is what I know. It is a Canal Street Cutlery Drop Point Hunter designed by D'holder. The tang, blade, and bolster are all one piece. I think that is kinda cool. It feels great in my hand. I think the Ram's Horn is really nice too. The knife has a super clean look since it has nothing stamped on the tang, blade, or bolster.

The box end has some numbers on it and I was hoping you folks could tell me what they mean. It has CSC-AGD78RH and Item #1796378 and 057. I believe 057 means it is number 57 out of 100. I guess the item number is Canal Street's way to identify this particular knife. Not sure what the other number is. I was wondering what steel it is made from and what year it was made in? I would appreciate any information you folks could give me. Here are a few pictures:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
ea42

Re: Ram's Horn

Post by ea42 »

Larry, congrats on that one! The item # is Canal Street's numbering system for that particular model. The knife was sold through A.G. Russell, and that green tag is his numbering system. The steel is Sandvik 19C27, which Rockwells at around RC62. Can't recall the year on that one, might have been around 2009 or so.

Eric
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Congrats ! That's Nice ::nod:: K.C.
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

ea42 wrote:Larry, congrats on that one! The item # is Canal Street's numbering system for that particular model. The knife was sold through A.G. Russell, and that green tag is his numbering system. The steel is Sandvik 19C27, which Rockwells at around RC62. Can't recall the year on that one, might have been around 2009 or so.

Eric
Thanks for the information, Eric. Ten years old.......I like it.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Larry you've got yourself a beautiful knife there. Congratulations. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Larry, you got yourself a beautiful knife. Love the rams horn. ::nod::
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Thanks everybody for the compliments.