red stag Cannitler

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Thomas Young

red stag Cannitler

Post by Thomas Young »

red stag Cannitler
Attachments
P1000583.JPG
P1000584.JPG
Thomas Young

Re: red stag Cannitler

Post by Thomas Young »

1 of 50. my partner is not crazy about the red stag and i'm not crazy about the second shield, the Chattahoochee Cutlery Club.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

List it on the knives for sale page, I bet there are several here that would be crazy about both color and shields. I like it.
Thomas Young

Post by Thomas Young »

OK
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Thomas Young wrote:1 of 50. my partner is not crazy about the red stag and i'm not crazy about the second shield, the Chattahoochee Cutlery Club.
Thomas, I had a Cannitler that was very comparable to your Cannitler that I didn't like. For approximately $40 (material and labor of a knife mechanic) it turned into this. You could maybe save $10 by selecting a jigged bone instead of stag. So if you like the Cannitler, but don't like the handles you have options.
Attachments
Canal Street Cannitler Rehandleld Stag front & back.jpg
Thomas Young

Post by Thomas Young »

thanks for the suggestion. yes there are options, but we're not really into customizing either. to tell truth, what we've always had our eyes on is the chestnut cannitler, and i'm pretty sure i know where one is. for now tho, i'd like to transmute whatever i get from this one into a pair of dog's head chestnut trappers - single and double - that i found in, of all places, my home town in Canada.
Tom
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thomas, were in Canada are you ?
I live in the West Kootenays, south central, B.C.
kj
Hideaway Knives

Post by Hideaway Knives »

Interesting handle and cool blade designs ::tu::

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”