Canal Street Knife Identification

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Dick Durango

Canal Street Knife Identification

Post by Dick Durango »

Anyone on this forum familiar with this Canal Street Knife? I assume it is a sleeveboard ring turn abalone knife, but I am unable to find a picture of this Knife anywhere on the internet. Model? Value? No paperwork or box with this particular knife. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_2334.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Canal Street Knife Identification

Post by treefarmer »

Howdy, Dick Durango! Welcome to AAPK.
Hang on a little bit and member Philco may be able to help you with your Canal Street knife.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I just replied on the other thread you started. Not a lot of those little knives floating around these days.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Dick Durango

Post by Dick Durango »

I won this knife on a bidding site and can't wait to get this knife in my hands. I don't think the pictures probably do the knife justice. I hear such good things about Canal Street knives. Too bad they went out of business. I was just surprised that I can find nowhere on the internet where somebody has one of these abalone ring knives from Canal Street. It has the number 179 on it so I assume it was 1 of 200 made. Wish I could find more information.
Thanks Everyone.

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”