Canal Street Knife Identification

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience. The company they created is located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century.
Dick Durango

Canal Street Knife Identification

Postby Dick Durango » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Anyone on this forum familiar with this Canal Street Knife? I assume it is a sleeveboard ring turn abalone knife, but I am unable to find a picture of this Knife anywhere on the internet. Model? Value? No paperwork or box with this particular knife. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_2334.JPG

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Canal Street Knife Identification

Postby treefarmer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Howdy, Dick Durango! Welcome to AAPK.
Hang on a little bit and member Philco may be able to help you with your Canal Street knife.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby philco » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 pm

I just replied on the other thread you started. Not a lot of those little knives floating around these days.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Our knives are more than metal and bone;
They're about who we are and the people we've known.

Dick Durango

Postby Dick Durango » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:30 pm

I won this knife on a bidding site and can't wait to get this knife in my hands. I don't think the pictures probably do the knife justice. I hear such good things about Canal Street knives. Too bad they went out of business. I was just surprised that I can find nowhere on the internet where somebody has one of these abalone ring knives from Canal Street. It has the number 179 on it so I assume it was 1 of 200 made. Wish I could find more information.
Thanks Everyone.

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery Collector's Forum”