Rigid knives by Canal Street

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
eveled

Re: Rigid knives by Canal Street

Post by eveled »

deltaboy wrote:Cool I used Rigid tools but never saw these before!.
As a plumber I thought the same thing. But the tool brand is spelled differently with a “D”. RIDGID The Ridge tool company.

Anyone know who theses knives were made for?
kootenay joe

Re: Rigid knives by Canal Street

Post by kootenay joe »

The original "Rigid" knives were made by 2 guys somewhere in U.S.A. Within a couple of years they were having their very distinctive patterns made in Japan. That was in 1980's ? i think. The original 2 guys eventually sold the rights to the "Rigid" brand name and it might have sold a few times since then.
kj

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”