CSC Prototypes

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: CSC Prototypes

Post by Chase »

I have one...guess I need to break it out and get practicing with it.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Tom I would love to get a look at your total Canal Street collection. Get to snappin' those pictures.
:)
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Tom great shots, that trophy set is just amazing! :shock:

Here's a pretty cool one, it was modeled after the old Marbles safety knife. This was the large version, 8" closed to the end of the lock/safety extension. There was talk of making a smaller version as well, but everything was put on the back burner due to difficulties in cost effectively machining a slot in the safety for the blade edge to nestle in. Then of course the place closed so that was that. I don't recall what the handles are made of, might be linen micarta but not sure.

Eric
Attachments
Canal Street safety knife prototype.jpg
Canal Street safety knife prototype 2.jpg
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Eric,

I have the perfect place for that little beauty/orphan to reside if she is looking for a new home...LOL :wink: :wink:

Tom
mumblypeg

Post by mumblypeg »

Great knife, Eric. ::tu::
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”