Any CSC Cannitler collectors out there? (PICTURE THREAD)

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience. The company they created is located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century.
Drukai

Re: Any CSC Cannitler collectors out there? (PICTURE THREAD)

Postby Drukai » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Are Cannitlers split back spring? Btw absouletly stunning knives I will eventually own a Canal Street knife.
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

RalphAlsip
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Postby RalphAlsip » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 am

Cannitlers are not a split backspring. They are 3 blades and 2 backsprings. The main blade is made from heavier / wider stock and rides on both backsprings. Each secondary blade sits on one backspring. This link should open a picture of the backspring of a Cannitler. I find the Cannitler to be a very nice blend of form and function. It looks good and it’s practical.

download/file.php?id=229273&mode=view

ea42
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Postby ea42 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:07 am

Rather than use a split backspring we actually tapered the springs and coupled that with a tapered catch bit. Took a bit of engineering to get everything right ::paranoid:: :D

Eric

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery Collector's Forum”