Any CSC Cannitler collectors out there? (PICTURE THREAD)

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Drukai

Re: Any CSC Cannitler collectors out there? (PICTURE THREAD)

Post by Drukai »

Are Cannitlers split back spring? Btw absouletly stunning knives I will eventually own a Canal Street knife.
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Cannitlers are not a split backspring. They are 3 blades and 2 backsprings. The main blade is made from heavier / wider stock and rides on both backsprings. Each secondary blade sits on one backspring. This link should open a picture of the backspring of a Cannitler. I find the Cannitler to be a very nice blend of form and function. It looks good and it’s practical.

download/file.php?id=229273&mode=view
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Rather than use a split backspring we actually tapered the springs and coupled that with a tapered catch bit. Took a bit of engineering to get everything right ::paranoid:: :D

Eric

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”