My 1st Canal street

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
TAB2you

My 1st Canal street

Post by TAB2you »

::ds::

I've gotten a Canal Street blade now! I have several, actually, on the way! :shock: This one is my first arrived that I am holding onto! I wanted a Muskrat with chesynut scales, ad found a place that had one. The wood IMO, is fantastic. Oh my, this could get addicting! My other muskrat on the way is from droppoint hunter, a big thumbs up for him, I ordered a muskrat and then swapped it out for a different one, and he's been kind enough to put up with me the whole time. When that one gets here, I'll add photos!
Did I mention I'm liking this knife?
csc1.JPG
csc2.JPG
csc3.JPG
csc4.JPG
TAB2you

Re: My 1st Canal street

Post by TAB2you »

Ps, I apologize for the picture turning upside down. I took it right side up, and when I add photos, they turn upside down. :oops:

TAB
big monk

Post by big monk »

FLIP !!!!!
Attachments
csc2.JPG
csc2.JPG (30.6 KiB) Viewed 3017 times
csc1.JPG
csc1.JPG (32 KiB) Viewed 3017 times
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Yeah....that Michael guy at droppointhunter hunter is a great guy to work with! I can buy my knives direct from Canal Street, however, I choose to buy them from him....besides he has some that are made specifically for him that I couldn't get from the factory direct.

Michael is my go to guy for all of my Canal Street purchases.

Tom
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TAB, that is a beauty! I love those scales!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

There's something about those chestnut handles that adds a richness to the knife. ::tu::

Tab you're exactly right about it getting addicting. I'm past 80 Canal Streets in my collecton now.

I can quit anytime I want to...........

I JUST DON'T WANT TO. :mrgreen:

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Love CSCC!!!

Knice knife bro! Congrats!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's one fine looking knife. He doesn't say on his web site, what the closed length is on that rascal. From your pictures it looks like a real handful.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Jerry, 4 inches closed.
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

jerryd6818 wrote:That's one fine looking knife. He doesn't say on his web site, what the closed length is on that rascal. From your pictures it looks like a real handful.

Sir, mine is a hair under 4 inches. A 3.75 inch knife fits my hand just right, as a general rule, ann the 4 inchers are just a tad big, but still user friendly for me.

This is my first muskrat. From the initial impressions, I'm favoring the pattern.

TAB
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Guys, I'll chime in here on this topic. You've seen my 4 inch stockman with chestnut scales on the general board under Birthday Bomb, and now TAB's. I just want to tell you that pics cannot do those scales justice. They are some of the prettiest wood I've ever seen on a knife. One of the coolest things is when you get it just right in the light you can see mineral reflections in the dark grain. They are striking. If you like wooden scaled folders you really need one of these.

I've been carrying mine the last few days. And they really are good knives.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”