Sharpening

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Steve Warden

Sharpening

Post by Steve Warden »

Anyone within 100 miles of the Philadelphia area who sharpens straight razors?
I'm currently sending mine out to Idaho, Glen at GemStar Customs. The guy does great work, and is pretty quick with turnaround, but I'm looking for someone local.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Gunsil

Re: Sharpening

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Steve, there is a guy who is a member of the EPKCA who refurbishes straight razors but I can't remember his name. I am sure if you contact the club they could get his contact info for you.
Best, Gene
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks Gene. Call me suspicious, over-cautious, or just-not-quite-sure, but their website is still promoting the 2012 show. ::shrug::
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

You won't find anyone better than Glen at putting an edge on your blades. He is good people and straight as string.

I got tired of sending mine off and bought 300 plus bucks worth of stones and taught myself how to sharpen razors. I do a few here and there for friends but mostly my stuff.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”