Have a Razor I Can not find

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
blueheeler1959

Have a Razor I Can not find

Post by blueheeler1959 »

Hello,
I have not been on the boards long so far my only contribution has been using molasses to remove rust from blades. I used it on the blade I am on here asking about and I am sorry I do not have photos today but will take them and post them if you want them, I just took it out of the molasses yesterday. It is an H. Boker & Co.razor with a tree inscribed on the blade and also on the blade are the words Northern Lights inside a long rectangle with rays shooting out from it and below that the words Registered Trade Mark. That is the part I can not find a Northern Lights blade by Boker. Anyone else has any info on this blade? I am sorry to not have taken the photos before asking the questions? Blue
Attachments
razor 002.JPG
razor 004.JPG
razor 008.JPG
razor 009.JPG
Stakeknife

Re: Have a Razor I Can not find

Post by Stakeknife »

Molasses takes rust off knife blades? Really?
NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject. Our forefathers knew this to be true..... Why do so many of us question their wisdom?
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........this I will have to try!!......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ........................
blueheeler1959

Post by blueheeler1959 »

It is a slow process guys, you need to have enough molasses to put your object into a container and walk away and leave it for a week or two depending on the amount of rust. after a couple of weeks take it out and use a toothbrush under water to clean it off and see where you are at, it may need more time if so drop it back in. If you can find molasses without the sulfur get it because the molasses with the sulfur leaves a sort of bluing treatment on the metal, you can remove it with some bar keepers friend but it's sure nice not to have to do that, there will still be pitting but the rust will melt away.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

blueheeler1959 wrote:Hello,
I have not been on the boards long so far my only contribution has been using molasses to remove rust from blades. I used it on the blade I am on here asking about and I am sorry I do not have photos today but will take them and post them if you want them, I just took it out of the molasses yesterday. It is an H. Boker & Co.razor with a tree inscribed on the blade and also on the blade are the words Northern Lights inside a long rectangle with rays shooting out from it and below that the words Registered Trade Mark. That is the part I can not find a Northern Lights blade by Boker. Anyone else has any info on this blade? I am sorry to not have taken the photos before asking the questions? Blue
...I am lucky enough to have my great grandpa's razor, a MONARCH(1886-1888), my grandpa and dad both used it, and I tried, but I was spending too much money on band aids and alcohol!!!.......... ::facepalm:: .........

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”