My newest old razor.............

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
knife7knut

My newest old razor.............

Post by knife7knut »

Picked this one up today for $10. Only stamp is the word "Warranted" on the tang.Don't know if the box is original to it or not;if it is,it likely is worth more than the razor.Short tang indicates it was likely made around 1810 or slightly before.Horn scales in remarkably good shape;no spacer on the end(scales butt right together).
Attachments
WarrantedRazorCirca1810-10 001.jpg
WarrantedRazorCirca1810-10 002.jpg
WarrantedRazorCirca1810-10 003.jpg
WarrantedRazorCirca1810-10 004.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Re: My newest old razor.............

Post by Owd Wullie »

Nice old stub tail. I'd say you were right on as to dating and also that you stole it. ::ds::

Looks like the hinge pin may have shed its collar but that's not a big deal.

Those things are going for WAY more than that on ebay, even with nothing other than the generic "WARRANTED" mark.

The box/coffin looks appropriate to the razor.

Great old blade. ::tu::
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Owd Wullie wrote:Nice old stub tail. I'd say you were right on as to dating and also that you stole it. ::ds::

Looks like the hinge pin may have shed its collar but that's not a big deal.

Those things are going for WAY more than that on ebay, even with nothing other than the generic "WARRANTED" mark.

The box/coffin looks appropriate to the razor.

Great old blade. ::tu::
Thanks for the reply Willie;your expertise is always appreciated. As soon as I saw it I knew it was an oldie.Nice to hear about the box;that makes it even more special. I think you are right about the missing collar.At first I thought it was made like that but under a 10x loupe I can see remnants of the collar on both sides.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Those collars were pressed tin, usually with a smaller iron washer under them. Kind of hard to tell, but it looks like the washers are present on the toe.

Either way, you got a screaming deal on that oldie. Blade and scales are in great shape as is the box.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”