Samoa razor pix..................

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Samoa razor pix..................

Post by Colonel26 »

What? Say it ain't so!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
DR_MAGOO

Post by DR_MAGOO »

Super collection of Razors, very impressive.
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Selling off the collection????? Seems you post a picture in just about every thread there is. Thats gonna be a lot of selling. In all seriousness you do have quite a impressive collection going on, and if you do sell it off...Best of luck
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Umcknifeguy wrote:Selling off the collection????? Seems you post a picture in just about every thread there is. Thats gonna be a lot of selling. In all seriousness you do have quite a impressive collection going on, and if you do sell it off...Best of luck
Sad to say but that is what I have decided. Been collecting since I was 10 years old. Will be 72 in a couple weeks and my children have no interest whatsoever. Too much stuff and if something should happen to me it would really put a burden on my wife.
It isn't just knives;I have a very large collection of vintage wristwatches;vintage tools;model cars;and vintage painting equipment as well as a lot of art work. I have 3 vintage automobiles;one of which should be leaving shortly and a not so large anymore gun collection.
The only knives I am keeping are two that belonged to my grandfather;my first knife;and a knife my dad made when he was in the Navy in 1925.The big buck knives(fortunately I don't have that many)are mostly spoken for already.
It was a painful decision to make but for the best. My wife is not in the best of health and there is not a lot that can be done to remedy the situation.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

knife7knut wrote:
Umcknifeguy wrote:Selling off the collection????? Seems you post a picture in just about every thread there is. Thats gonna be a lot of selling. In all seriousness you do have quite a impressive collection going on, and if you do sell it off...Best of luck
Sad to say but that is what I have decided. Been collecting since I was 10 years old. Will be 72 in a couple weeks and my children have no interest whatsoever. Too much stuff and if something should happen to me it would really put a burden on my wife.
It isn't just knives;I have a very large collection of vintage wristwatches;vintage tools;model cars;and vintage painting equipment as well as a lot of art work. I have 3 vintage automobiles;one of which should be leaving shortly and a not so large anymore gun collection.
The only knives I am keeping are two that belonged to my grandfather;my first knife;and a knife my dad made when he was in the Navy in 1925.The big buck knives(fortunately I don't have that many)are mostly spoken for already.
It was a painful decision to make but for the best. My wife is not in the best of health and there is not a lot that can be done to remedy the situation.
Damn Ray,

Hate to hear that. Prayers for you and your wife.

You've got some REALLY neat stuff. I know it has to be rough to part with it.

The very first razor you posted has been re-ground at some point in its life. That was pretty common back in the day. That was a way to get more years out of a good yet worn out blade.

Been noticing prices on ebay lately are down on razors unless they are really big blades or have a an interesting etch like your W&B "American" razor. I'm slowing down on buying. Haven't bought a razor in nearly a year now. I've got thirty or so that I can shave with and about twice that many waiting to be made ready to shave or junked for parts.

You've got some nice ones. The Dubl-Ducks are always in demand and bring decent money usually.

Willie
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”