Joseph Allan and Son's first shave.

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Joseph Allan and Son's first shave.

Post by Colonel26 »

I broke out the old Joseph Allen and Son's, that I posted a while back, this morning for a shave. It's my first wedge razor and I must say it was the most comfortable shave I think I've ever had. From what I read hear were made from 1864-1925. If you want a good shaving razor that won't break the bank, I highly recommend them.

I cleaned up the seller's pics a bit.
IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0080.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Owd Wullie

Re: Joseph Allan and Son's first shave.

Post by Owd Wullie »

I enjoy the heavier grinds myself. Got a couple of full hollows I use occasionally, but most of my users are the bigger "choppers".

Nice razor. Enjoy.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Joseph Allan and Son's first shave.

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks Willie! I was hoping you'd see this one.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”