118 Year old Fight'n Rooster!

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

118 Year old Fight'n Rooster!

Post by Old Folder »

Time to wake up the Roosters.
No one has posted in the Fight'n Rooster Forum for a while (December 26, 2017) so here's a Rooster wake up.

The below pictured 4 page International Fight'n Rooster Cutlery Club monthly newsletter dated; February 1993 that was mailed to us Cutlery Club members pictures a New Powderhorn knife for 1993. Only 200 were made with "old found sand casted bolsters" that dated back to around 1900.
That's 14 years before the beginning of World War I.
Some may wonder: "How can 93 year old sand casted bolsters be found in the warehouse when Fight'n Rooster knives have only been made by Mr. Frank Buster since 1977?"
The answer is because Mr. Buster contracted with "Carl Aug Meis and Friedrich Olbertz Factory" in Solingen, Germany to manufacturer his Fight'n Rooster brand knives. The Carl & Friedrich company has been continually operating since 1872. That would explain how a warehouse find can be found.
My question is: How did a manufacturing company in Solingen Germany survive 2 World Wars with American and British Air Forces bombing the crap out of them?
The red and yellow celluloid is still stabilized ::pray::.
Were any of you able to obtain this Powderhorn?
IMG_0028 (2).JPG
Here are a few pictures of the "Sand Casted Bolsters" on my Powderhorn.
IMG_0006 (2).JPG
IMG_0008 (2).JPG
IMG_0009 (3).JPG
IMG_0010 (2).JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
alabama

Re: 118 Year old Fight'n Rooster!

Post by alabama »

I have several linder daggers with turn of the century cast bolsters and guards--bought 2 ppr daggers lately with nice-old school castings--answer=GOD DID NOT WANT SUCH NICE CUTLERY ITEMS BLOWN UP-so they just bombed the other end of the factory...or german molds are tough and they dug them out of the rubble-I'm sure this explanation will help..

Return to “European-made knives”