Fight'n Rooster Whittler

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Fight'n Rooster Whittler

Post by Dinadan »

I just got this Wheeler Basin Knife Club whittler. I have been keeping an eye out for a Fight'n Rooster in this pattern. Most of them seem to have MOP covers, and while I have nothing against MOP, it just does not especially appeal to me. So I was happy to spot this one, and the fact that the Wheeler Basin is in my state was an added bonus. The date is a bit hard to see, but it says 1983 on the blade. I included a couple of photos of the Rooster with my Case Seahorse just for comparison. Both have the very thick master blade. By the way, anyone know if there is a specific term for this Rooster's main blade? Seems to be exactly half way between a hawkbill and a wharncliffe.
Attachments
Fight_n_Rooster1.jpg
Fight_n_Rooster2.jpg
Fight_n_Rooster3.jpg
Fight_n_Rooster4.jpg
Mel
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fight'n Rooster Whittler

Post by 1967redrider »

Frank called it a Cotton Sampler blade, 1 of 150. Sweet knife! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

1967redrider wrote:Frank called it a Cotton Sampler blade, 1 of 150. Sweet knife! ::tu::
I guess it does look like some of the cotton sampler blades that I have seen. I did not think of that: thanks.
Mel
Forcedoutage

Post by Forcedoutage »

I have seen a few in this pattern and like them a lot! Very nice knife.
wlf

Post by wlf »

He liked that blade,as do I!
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Thanks for the kind words, fellows. I am kind of new to this collecting thing, but when I saw a photo of that pattern I just liked the way it looked, and now that I have one I like it even better. This is my first Fight'n Rooster: probably first of several. One thing that impresses me is the walk and talk. I know this is an old knife so the newer ones may be different, but the amount of force required to open the blades, and the snap is just about perfect.
Mel

Return to “European-made knives”