FnR Stockman with a strange layout

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Capt. Farrel

FnR Stockman with a strange layout

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Another Rooster came my way. I thought it would be nothing special but it came cheap so I took it. What really puzzles me it the blade layout. The spey and the sheepsfoot have their separate springs but the mainblade uses both on the other end. It has a massive tang to do so. Unfortunately someone has sharpened the mainblade and put some deep scratches into it. I couldn´t get them out without taking too much material off the blade. ::shrug:: Maybe I EDC this little rooster sometime.... ::hmm::
Attachments
DSCN4506.JPG
DSCN4507.JPG
DSCN4508.JPG
DSCN4509.JPG
DSCN4510.JPG
DSCN4511.JPG
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
tendots

Re: FnR Stockman with a strange layout

Post by tendots »

Frank,not uncommon for a whittler. ::tu::
Tang stamps hide more than they reveal.
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Ah, thank you TD! I don´t have a whittler up to now so this layout seemd strange to me. But considering the locations of the blades of a whittler it seems logical. ::tu::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

Frank - that is a very nice knife. I have used pocket knives for over half a century now, yet somehow I was unaware of the existence of the Whittler pattern until this year. Just an intriguing creation, to me. I do not have any Fight'n Rooster knives, and never have owned one. However, now that I have become a bit obsessed with Whittlers, I think that a Fight'n Rooster Hawkbill Whittler is close to the top of my want list. I expect to work through a good many easier to find knives first.

Those scratches do not look too bad in the photo. I really like that the knife has more substantial secondary and tertiary blades than a lot of Whittlers.

I have looked at several of the posts here and for some reason the posts on this subforum remind me of T. S. Eliots remark: "In a world of fugitives, the person taking the opposite direction will appear to run away."
Mel
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Thank you Dinadan! The glare on the main blade hides a few of those scratches but it ain´t that bad indeed.
I was intrigued by the fact that the main blade uses both springs. Guess I have to get myself a whittler too. ::hmm::
T. S Elliot look on things might fit here! :D :D :D

I keep fingers crossed for your hunt after the FnR whittlers! ::tu::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!

Return to “European-made knives”