Doctors Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Capt. Farrel

Re: Doctors Knife

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Aahh, completely derailed.... :mrgreen: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

Nevermind guys, thank you for the information. So it´s a 1980ies knife. Regarding the cello and it´s precarious nature: I have a folder just for cello-handled knifes.
After all, the knife lasted for over thirty years, I hope it´ll stay in one piece for another couple of years. ::hmm::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
tendots

Post by tendots »

Frank in your last sentence you reveal the scary part of cell.Thirty plus years she behaves and all of a sudden .....Kaboom.Schade ::shrug::
Tang stamps hide more than they reveal.
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

I have a few cell FR and I keep an eye on them but don't fear them. I have only seen very few FR gas out. Those are nice doc knives you and Jerry have.
The Bulldog's that are posted on this thread are not cell in my opinion.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

tendots wrote:Frank in your last sentence you reveal the scary part of cell.Thirty plus years she behaves and all of a sudden .....Kaboom.Schade ::shrug::
Definitely a thing to watch out for! I just wonder if keeping them in a folder/briefcase is a good thing or a less closed way of storing them would be better? ::hmm:: ::hmm::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Frank everything I have read and from talking with ppl on AAPK and other sites it is best if they are left open to breathe.
I keep my celloyed handle knives in a glass top case that is well ventilated and so fair they are fine. Most are 1980 to 1985 end of day handles and I haven't had any trouble. I have one that is a 1978 butter and molasses and it is still as solid as a rock.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

So taking them out of the folder would be best I suppose. I need to get me a nice knife cabinet.... ::hmm::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!

Return to “European-made knives”