Hen & Rooster Tang stamp?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
singin46

Re: Hen & Rooster Tang stamp?

Post by singin46 »

Well if I was grab one I would have to check with you guys first so I didn't get the wrong kind I guess.
Love all Jacks
basser5

Post by basser5 »

C'mon Perry,..........doesn't this deserve a little lov'n? ::tounge::
Attachments
002.JPG
My name is Tim and i'm a stagoholic.
methadoneman

Post by methadoneman »

If u notice the new h&r boxes dont say made in Germany on them anymore.They say soligen steel.there is no such thing as soligen steel.Even on the tv show they used to say made in germany every 10 sec when selling a h&r knife but they dont mention it anymore.They are one of my fav brands but I'm afraid of em till I know for sure their not china knives.
basser5

Post by basser5 »

Meth, .........I have seen some of the new boxes without Germany printed on them. The ones i found that way have "Spain" printed on the back of the blade. I have yet to find one with a china sticker or no country of origin stamped on the blade (meaning it had a china sticker) ::shrug:: So, I think its best to make sure you can see the tang stampings when purchasing a new H&R
gino

Post by gino »

methadoneman wrote:They say soligen steel.there is no such thing as soligen steel.
Of course Solingen steel is steel made in the city of Solingen Germany. I have many different knives other than H&R marked Solingen steel???
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
ironmage

Post by ironmage »

gino wrote:Tim
Not always, check out this little "mess" I came across at a flea market a few years ago. I bought it for a buck just because of the tang markings. One tang reads American blade Chatt. Tennesse and the other tang reads made in Japan! I think your okay with the H&R though because the steel is still Solingen and its made in Germany just assembled in another country maybe.
Yep,that was a Parker made in Seki,Japan in the mid 1980s I have the AB-22 but I cant find the pic right now.
"Sometimes the best part of a knife was the hunt",PK
" Fēng xiàng zhuàn biàn shí, yǒu rén zhú qiáng, yǒu rén zào fēng chē!"
"When the wind of change blows some build walls while others build windmills!"
transferguy

Post by transferguy »

Purchased a kitchen set of H&R knives and the knives have no German stamp. The box says made in China. I have contacted Frost and Cutlery Corner where I made the purchase with no response so far. I thought I was purchasing German made knives. If they were made in China I will be very disappointed. They look like very well built knives but I don't like the China thing.

Larry
basser5

Post by basser5 »

transferguy wrote:Purchased a kitchen set of H&R knives and the knives have no German stamp. The box says made in China. I have contacted Frost and Cutlery Corner where I made the purchase with no response so far. I thought I was purchasing German made knives. If they were made in China I will be very disappointed. They look like very well built knives but I don't like the China thing.

Larry

They are more than likely Hen and Rooster International...Made in China.
transferguy

Post by transferguy »

Yes, they say Hen & Rooster International. Not what I expected when I purchased them. A little disappointed. If I had known they were made in China I would not have bought them. Need to do more checking in the future. They do look like quality knives though.
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

It is quite a problem with those "internationally" made knives from Solingen or the USA! They may have a better fit and finish, the may use quality stainless steel and they may even be cheaper pricewise -
the one thing they still lack is - SOUL! ::shrug:: ::shrug:: ::shrug::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
tendots

Post by tendots »

C'est le ton qui fait la musique. ::nod::
Tang stamps hide more than they reveal.
transferguy

Post by transferguy »

Finally heard from Cutlery Corner and they tell me the kitchen set is German steel but they are assembled in China. Still disappointed with the fact they are not made in Germany. But..............they seem to be a good quality.

Return to “European-made knives”