Prayers For My Nephew

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Prayers For My Nephew

Post by dlr110 »

A few days ago my nephew, Jared, who is a missionary in Southeast Asia was attending a planning meeting with other leaders from that area. He was sitting with a colleague when that person received word that one of his team leaders was missing. Two days later he received pictures of the body that had been stabbed multiple times and burned. His captures were trying to force information out of him about the indigenous leaders in their area that had turned from their Muslim beliefs to Christianity and Jesus Christ.

The following is the last paragraph from an email Jared sent to his father, my younger brother, with a subject line, “Reflecting On The Cost.” Remember because of the same dangers to himself Jared has to choose his words very carefully and there are other parts of the email that are too personal:

“As we’ve been mourning I can’t help but feel more of this will take place as we continue reaching those that have never heard. At the same time, how little of a cost this is too pay to see the destitute redeemed. These are the things that don’t make newsletters. Continue to pray for us and (our) teams as we march forward in confidence of our Lord’s call and will.
Your son,
Jared”

Since my brother shared that email with me I have prayed for his, his wife's and their daughter's safety and that this would not be the last words his father and family would hear from him. I'm certain that Jared is doing God's will in his life but I can't help but worry about him and his family. They were already due to come home to Texas in December because his wife will delivery their second child in January or February and I wish they would come now. The dangers are real, the threats are constant and this war for the souls of millions around the world will only end when our Lord and Savior returns again.

Prayer partners here at AAPK I'm begging you this morning to join our family in prayer for Jared and his family. Pray that God will keep them safe from any harm and that soon they will all be home here in Texas with all of us. Thank you so very much and may God bless each one of you for your faithful prayers.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
wlf

Re: Prayers For My Nephew

Post by wlf »

My heartfelt prayers for these missionaries. I don't understand how anyone worshiping God in any religion can condone violence , especially murder.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

David I'll gladly lift my prayers in support of this young man, his family, and his fellow missionaries. May God put a hedge of protection around each of them as they strive to share the gospel.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

David,
Praying for your nephew, his family and the work he is doing.
Seems like a lot of missionaries face difficult and dangerous conditions to get the Gospel to those who haven't heard.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Beavertail

Post by Beavertail »

Praying your nephew gets home safe.
Tim
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

You don't have to beg...I am GLAD to join in praying for your nephew.
I will pray for him and his family RIGHT NOW and also when I pray my evening prayers.
Your nephew and his family are in my daily prayers.
I know he has a burden for the people over there who need to hear about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Such a sad situation for his fellow missionary. BUT.... he is with his Lord now.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Praying for their safety.____Dave
eveled

Post by eveled »

::pray::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Prayers sent for your nephew, the rest of the team, and the family of the martyr. It is sad for us that this man has lost his life for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

But even his work is not finished. He has joined the ranks of all the martyrs under the heavenly altar, and at the appointed day the prayers of the martyrs will be answered to the glory of God, and he will be vindicated.

‭‭Revelation‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬, “And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.”
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Sorry to read about your nephew's situation. It's easy to sit here in safety and think there aren't places like that, where doing the Lord's work could be dangerous. I will pray for Jared's safety and peace for the family of the team leader that lost his life.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Praying.
The light of Christ always shines brightest in the darkness.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent. ::pray::

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”