Prayer For My Mom

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
MissouriGuerrilla

Re: Prayer For My Mom

Post by MissouriGuerrilla »

::pray:: Prayers lifted and the best of well wishes!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

My mother is doing remarkably well given the fact that she is on hospice care. They gave her a fentanyl patch to help control the pain. It's about the only pain medication she's not allergic to, and they gave her a dose of steroids along with it. The result has been rather amusing for the family, mom has been unusually chatty. It has been good, because she has been alert and coherent. Three of my daughters been able to visit her so far and my youngest son and some grandkids have been able to face time with her. FaceTime was a brand-new thing to mom and she was utterly amazed by it. Then she was also able to face time with some of the grandkids and see some of them in person. Between kids, grandkids, great grandkids, friends, in-laws and outlaws she spent most of the weekend talking to people, getting up early and talking late! Mom is loving every minute of it!

I know the effects of the medication will only last so long, and she knows that also and she's ready to go when that time comes. In the meantime, she is enjoying talking to everyone. I guess that's a pretty good way to finish her life because she's able to encourage a lot of the grandkids and great grandkids in following Jesus. What more could a person ask for? ::shrug::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great to hear, Dale.
May the Lord continue to bless her, strengthen her, and use her for His glory!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WOW.... what a wonderful report Dale!

My prayer is that your Mom will continue to enjoy this time she is able to spend talking and face timing the grands and great-grands!

Thanks for the update!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Great praise report Dale. We will continue to pray for her good health and the peace of mind for the family.
God Bless,
David R.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys, your prayers are a great source of strength. ::nod::
Thank you!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

LDF Knives

Post by LDF Knives »

::pray::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

God bless brother!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

This extra time where she is chatty and painfree is a blessing. It masks what may be coming, but it's a great way for everyone to remember her.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

My the good Lord bless her and the whole family in these trying times. ::pray::
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::pray:: 's sent
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

UPDATE
Thank you all for your prayers!

Mom is doing pretty good for someone who was on her third attempt to graduate hospice! When someone on hospice dies they actually call that "graduating." I teased her that she's flunked out of hospice twice and she probably will again. I don't think that will happen, but with its fun to have a joke. She's got a great sense of humor, she always has. We were down to see them yesterday and though I didn't have a lot of time to visit with mom, because I wasn't feeling well, my daughter, Londa, and her boyfriend were there. Mom and Londa have always had a special relationship and it's very good for the two of them to spend time together. Londa's boyfriend is new to the family, and my parents really like him. It is very helpful to pretty much everyone, I think. They got there before we did yesterday and when Alyson and I drove up, Her boyfriend was splitting firewood for dad. Every couple of weeks they go down there, and he splits a rack of firewood for dad. It's pretty neat. I expect the transfusion that they gave mom will begin to wear off within a month and things will become more difficult. At that point I think will need more grace. I can see the beginning signs would wearing off, and as it continues to wear off she will become weaker, at least that's what they told us to expect. When mom got home from the hospital this last time they had given her Something for pain and steroids. The steroids kinda gave her a little bit of energy and made her more energetic and talkative than normal and opioids can have the effect of making someone talkative also. My three oldest daughters were able to get down and see grandma, as were a lot of the family. So my other kids that live a long distance have been trying to keep in touch by phone. It is a good thing as she had a lot of energy and was very engaged with the Grandkids and great grandkids. The cancer is affecting the nerves in Her head, around her left eye, which now won't open. She has begun to feel some changes around her right eye and it's starting to feel like left eye did. In spite of all that, she is remain very clear & Rational.

Please continue praying for strength for Mom and Dad and the rest of the family.
God bless you all,
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers continuing Dale.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

This extra time is a blessing, Dale.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, continued prayers for your mom and dad as they are going through this period of life.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you, guys, for your faithfulness in prayer! I know many of you have gone through a similar situation, some very recently. It means a great deal to me that you are willing to walk with me on a road that is unfamiliar to me, yet a road you know it all too well. I appreciate your friendship and your willingness and encourage me, though it might be a painful place for you. This speaks volumes about your character! I am truly blessed to have such friends! ::nod::
glennbad wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:08 pm This extra time is a blessing, Dale.
I couldn't agree more Glenn!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

TPK

Post by TPK »

Well put Dale, great people here. ::nod::

::pray::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dale, prayers for you and your family.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

You and your family are on my prayer list and will continue to be there.
God is our strength! He will give us comfort and peace!

God bless you and your family.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

What a wonderful blessing of Grace that you and your loved ones are being provided quality time with your mother, Dale. That will truly help when the time comes to have to 'let go' and see the Peace of God receive her into His arms. When my older brother passed last November, I only got to talk to him once while he was in the hospital, and I am so glad the Lord opened that door for me to tell him I loved him. I knew at the time it didn't look good for his recovery, so I had to change my spiritual perspective to allow God to prepare me for the loss of my brother. It's not an easy part of our human spirit to do that, for we tend to be selfish in our own desires for those we love. I don't know why God chose to receive my brother when he did, but one day I'll fully understand and know the answer. Until then, I choose to accept God's perfect Will in that and stopped questioning it.

From what you've stated, it appears you and your family are preparing in the same way, even though your loss will be deeply felt. I pray God will continue to prepare your heart, soul and mind for that day...and know that; an earthly life has ended, but an eternal life has just begun. Blessing to you and yours, Dale.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Continuing prayers, & many blessings brother, Mom; the whole crew.
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent 🙏
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you all for your faithfulness in praying for my mom and our family.

Your prayers are again greatly appreciated as mom spends what appears to be her last few hours of her life on this earth.
She has had a stroke which has pretty much taken her ability to speak more than a word or two. With great difficulty she can say "I love you." She seems to be waiting for my nephew, who will be here this morning and my daughter who will be here this afternoon.

Your prayers for grace and peace for the family are appreciated.

I have been having trouble with the wifi at the motel and have  been unable to post an update. I hope this will go through.

God bless all of you, as much as we have been blessed by your prayers!

Thank you!
Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

I pray for God's Grace and strength during this time for you, your family and loved ones.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I'm asking Our Lord to surround your mom and family with his peace and abundant blessings.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”