Prayer For My Mom

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Prayer For My Mom

Post by Reverand »

That is a beautiful song, Dale. We sing quite a few Casting Crowns songs in our church, but I was not familiar with that one.
Both beautiful, and fitting in it's message.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

It is been busy the last nine days, and I haven't been on the forum much at all. I miss the forum and I miss all my friends here, but I have so much appreciated all of your prayers!

We finally have a date for mom's memorial service, there will be no funeral service that she was cremated per her request. The memorial service will be June 25 the day before mom and dad 73rd wedding anniversary. What a memorial service!

Everyone asked me how I'm doing and I realize I had answered that in yesterday's Journal entry. I don't often share journal entries but it answers questions that I didn't realize had been asked.

Nine days ago we said goodbye to my mother as she left this earth for her heavenly home. I thought today might be a bit rough, being the first Mother's Day in my over 70 years of life that she was not where I could call her or contact her. I expected it to be a bit emotional, but Alyson and I drove to St. Helens where my stepson treated us to dinner. We got to visit with him and one of his daughters who lives in that area. We had a very good time. On our way home I called my dad talk to him and he was doing good. He said, “I got to go to church today for the first time in a long time.” He sounded good and not stressed. My number three daughter calls him every evening at 7 o'clock, she has alarm set on her phone to call grandpa! Dads doing pretty good considering all he has been through recently.

When we got home, I fed the dogs and spent a while in my prayer closet. My prayer closet is a little larger than most closets and it has a buffer, and several belt sanders in it. But my shop really is one of my favorite places to pray.

Alyson went to bed early, and I was straightening up the family room a little bit and saw my favorite picture of mom on my bookshelf.
I looked at it the picture I said, "Mom, I sure do miss you. But I'm glad you not hurting anymore. It was very difficult to watch near the end. I'm glad your out of pain." I don't know that family members actually can hear what we are saying, but what I said was really for myself, not so much for mom.
It was difficult to watch the last week of her life as she suffered what was probably a small stroke that left her unable to stand or move her legs and arms. It was difficult to watch as her body began to shut down, as she began to retain fluid especially in her face, it was difficult for me to watch, and I know how difficult it was for my dad. After I said my few words to mom's picture I was totally at peace, no remorse, no sorrow, just peace, love and a reassurance that she was better than she had ever been. She was no longer in pain, no suffering: there are no tears of sorrow in heaven, only tears of joy. As I straightened the picture on the bookshelf and walked away, I thought maybe I should have had a more emotional response than peace and love. This was not the peace and love folks used to think about in the 60s. No, this is God's Peace and God's love and His reassurance that all was well mom. When I looked at the sense of peace and love I had, I realized that God's love for us is the ultimate emotion, pure perfect love! I was expecting to experience sorrow and missing mom but instead I experienced God's reassurance of her well-being and His love.
As I left the room, I knew mom was more alive than she had ever been on this earth.
I was reminded of a quote from Billy Graham: "Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don't you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God."

This was a very good Mother's Day for Mom and for me!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Very well put Dale, I lost my mom 20 years ago and I went through of the same emotions that you wrote about. I miss her but I'd never want her back in the shape she was in. God bless you and your family. ::pray::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Dale, thank you very much for sharing your personal thoughts with us. I find those reactions and thoughts inspiring.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dale, I’ve been in and out of the forum lately and had totally missed this news. I’m sorry for your loss, as I know that no mater how prepared a person is they’re never ”ready” for a loved one’s passing. You have my prayers and I give the Lord thanks for the peace that passes all understanding.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Dale I was very moved by what you wrote. May our Heavenly Father continue to give you peace, comfort and reassurance that she is now in her heavenly home. God Bless.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

dlr110 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:55 pm Dale I was very moved by what you wrote. May our Heavenly Father continue to give you peace, comfort and reassurance that she is now in her heavenly home. God Bless.
Amen!
I pray God is blessing you and your family!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:20 pm
dlr110 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:55 pm Dale I was very moved by what you wrote. May our Heavenly Father continue to give you peace, comfort and reassurance that she is now in her heavenly home. God Bless.
Amen!
I pray God is blessing you and your family!
He is blessing us Mike!
Thank you all for your prayers!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”