America Doesn't Know How to Cook Rice Anymore | Phil Robertson

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
WillyCamaro

America Doesn't Know How to Cook Rice Anymore | Phil Robertson

Post by WillyCamaro »

"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
us2

Re: America Doesn't Know How to Cook Rice Anymore | Phil Robertson

Post by us2 »

That's a good word !! Thanks Phil and Willy.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: America Doesn't Know How to Cook Rice Anymore | Phil Robertson

Post by orvet »

Very similar to the method I learned from my ex who was born and raised in Thailand, (her parents were Missionaries).

Dump the dry rice into a pot. Add salt to taste. Add twice as much water as rice. Bring two a boil, then turn the heat down probably as low as you can to where the rice is still steaming. Simmer for 20 minutes. Like Phil said, don't open it, don't Stir It, just don't mess with it. Once you turn the heat down you wait 20 minutes. If you have the water to rice ratio proper at 2 to 1 you're rice I should be perfectly cooked.

My family usually only buys jasmine rice and sticky rice.
Sticky rice or glutinous rice is prepared entirely differently. Is soaked overnight and then steamed. If you have never eaten it, you are in for a treat! There is a lot of prep time involved it's not quick and easy so it's not something that you commonly eat everyday, unless perhaps you live in Thailand or somewhere in Southeast Asia that eats the sticky or glutinous rice. You can often find it in Thai restaurants. My favorite way of eating it it's just making ball of rice with your hand, the way they do in Thailand, and dip it in the other garnishes provided. If you are poor farmer that may just be a few pepper flakes. It may be a vegetable dish, it may be fish, or my favorite; peanut sauce!

My wife and I usually buy jasmine rice in the 25 to 50 lb bags and share it with our kids. They love it!

I know Phil Robertson wasn't always a wealthy man, and I didn't grow up that way either, but no one was ever turned away from our table. Mom used to joke that she would put a little more water in the soup when we had company unexpectedly.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”