My wife needs some prayers

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My wife needs some prayers

Post by Jody744 »

Praying now, brother.
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

UPDATE: 4/29/21
After meeting with the surgeon yesterday we have a better idea of what the entire process will entail and what are some of the possible options that may be necessary depending on what they discover in the surgery.

Alyson had stage 2 invasive duct carcinoma.
The surgery will be scheduled when the breast surgery and plastic surgery teams can synchronize their schedules.

During the surgery the doctor will remove a couple lymph nodes and those will be biopsied while she (lady doctor) removes the cancer. If the lymph nodes are malignant she will remove them while she is still on the operating table. If that is the case the surgery could last 5 or 6 hours.

It will likely be towards the end of May before the surgery.
We may go visit our granddaughter in AZ before the surgery, at least that is what Alyson wanted to do.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated!! ::nod::
Also please keep our granddaughter in your prayers, she is having difficulties with her pregnancy.

Thank you all!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers will continue throughout this travail, Dale.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Dale,
I will continue to pray for both of you and for a successful surgery.

God Bless,
Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

There’s some comfort in knowing what’s going on and having a plan. Continued prayers.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

As some of you may have experienced before medical procedures are often a waiting game, especially when the situation is not emergent and no one's bleeding on the doctor's floor. :wink:

Today we finally had a breakthrough and received a date for Alyson surgery. They have set the date for June 3rd. At this point I don't know a great deal more than that. From our earlier conversation with the surgeon they will do a biopsy on the lymph nodes as she begins the surgery, the lab will run the biopsies and get back to the surgeon before she is finished with the surgery. The lymph nodes have been invaded by the cancer then the doctor will remove those before closing with the surgery. Surgery can last about 6 hours if they have to do both the mastectomy and remove the lymph nodes.
Alyson is doing pretty good and is in good spirits. We had a great service at church yesterday, and a couple ladies prayed for her, at least one of which was a breast cancer survivor. It's good for her to have the support of loving Christian women around her. There's only so much about something like that that I can understand as a man. It is as important for women to have women friends as it is for men to have men friends. The Lord has certainly blessed us in the church home that we have with a lot of very loving people.

It is still a mystery to me as to why God wants us to pray, but we know that is what we're supposed to do from the scripture. It's pretty amazing that the creator of the universe wants our input on what He is doing.

Please continue to pray for Alyson, that there would be no involvement of the lymph nodes this cancer and that the surgery would go very smoothly and that the Lord would give the surgeons skills beyond their experience and education and that the Lord would give the surgeons and and their teams knowledge beyond their education and skills beyond their experience, and that the surgery would get all of the cancer. I believe the Lord is perfectly capable of healing her without surgery. It is definitely established that she has breast cancer, the biopsies or definite that it is cancer. I believe that God can cure that cancer. So Lord, for your glory, I ask that you would heal Alyson cancer miraculously as only you can. I pray when the doctors begin the surgery they were find the cancer is gone.
If it's not gone Lord I will still give you the glory, I know you were still in charge, you are the Great Physician!

I know we do not see clearly into the spiritual Realm, as Paul said "We see through a glass darkly, but then we shall see face to face: for now I know in part;; but then I shall know what you even as I am known." I Corinthians 13:12

I may not know exactly what God has planned far as the outcome of Alyson's surgery goes, but I am confident that He will heal her, in His timing. Amen!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Thanks for that update dale...
I will continue to keep y'all in my prayers.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Amen, Dale. I sent one up for you both and for the medical team. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers offered for both of you.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

orvet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:10 pm It is still a mystery to me as to why God wants us to pray, but we know that is what we're supposed to do from the scripture. It's pretty amazing that the creator of the universe wants our input on what He is doing.
Dale, the late theologian and pastor R.C. Sprout said that one of the hardest questions he was ever asked as a young seminarian was in Dr. John Gerstner’s class. Dr. Gerstner asked them. “If God is sovereign, if God has decreed from eternity then things that come to pass, if he knows what we have need of before we ask, then why pray?” He said they all shuffled their feet and looked at the ground humming and hawing. Finally R.C. spoke up and said, “I’m sure this is wrong, but it seems to me we ought to pray because God said so.”

R.C. said Dr. Gerstner let out a huge laugh and told them that’s the exact reason we are to pray, God said so period.

God’s sovereignty and our need to pray may look like parallel lines, but I can assure you they cross at the throne of God in ways that we cannot now see. If nothing else, prayer changes me and my will, just like Jesus taught us in the Lord’s Prayer, “thy will be done.”
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Dale, will keep on praying for you,your Wife, and all involved.
Thanks for update,hang in there ::handshake::
JP
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, we continue to pray for Alyson's healing be it a miracle from the Lord or by the hand of folks that God has blessed with knowledge of how to repair these bodies he created.
The comments as to why pray if God is sovereign give us hope. God's sovereignty doesn't release us of the responsibility and the expected obedience to have a prayer life. When things don't go as we expect I've heard the wise comment, "Praise the Lord anyhow!" If our hearts are right before God, I believe the scriptures tell us He hears our prayers by the Spirits help. Isn't that what we read in Romans 8:26-27?
God bless y'all as you go through this serious time.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Sending up more prayers for you both.
And by having up pray, our Lord is letting us take part in what he is doing. He doesn't need our prayers in order to act, but instead shares His work by letting us take a part in it, albeit a small part. Don't we all want to share the things that we love with others? We got that from Him!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Colonel26 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:34 pm
orvet wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:10 pm It is still a mystery to me as to why God wants us to pray, but we know that is what we're supposed to do from the scripture. It's pretty amazing that the creator of the universe wants our input on what He is doing.
Dale, the late theologian and pastor R.C. Sprout said that one of the hardest questions he was ever asked as a young seminarian was in Dr. John Gerstner’s class. Dr. Gerstner asked them. “If God is sovereign, if God has decreed from eternity then things that come to pass, if he knows what we have need of before we ask, then why pray?” He said they all shuffled their feet and looked at the ground humming and hawing. Finally R.C. spoke up and said, “I’m sure this is wrong, but it seems to me we ought to pray because God said so.”
I agree whole heartedly with that!

But, I also think God wants us to talk directly to Him too. I talk to God constantly during the day. His word says, "Pray without ceasing". God is ALWAYS there and knows my every movement and every word that comes out of my mouth. But, I also like to direct specific conversation to my Father and my Savoir all throughout the day.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Dale, you and Alyson are still on my prayer list for God's care and healing. Thanks for keeping us updated so we can pray specific to your needs.____Dave
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Dale, I will continue to trust in God and pray for Alyson and you. You have the prayers of everyone in our little country church each and every day lifting Alyson up to God asking for strength and healing. Stay strong in your faith my friend.
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am
I agree whole heartedly with that!

But, I also think God wants us to talk directly to Him too. I talk to God constantly during the day. His word says, "Pray without ceasing". God is ALWAYS there and knows my every movement and every word that comes out of my mouth. But, I also like to direct specific conversation to my Father and my Savoir all throughout the day.
Yep that’s exactly the case.
Robert E. Lee
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers continuing and will continue.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I will continue to pray for you and Alyson
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks for the update, Dale. Will continue to pray. ::pray::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

The two of you are still in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Thank you for the update Brother, and for the ponderings brothers.
Much to think about...
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
TPK

Post by TPK »

::pray:: Sending my thoughts & prayers Dale.
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

SURGERY UPDATE

Alyson & I met with the Plastic Surgeon yesterday. They have given us a surgery date of June 3rd, just a week from today.
Thank you for your continued prayers. ::nod::

Colonel26 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:55 pm
Meridian_Mike wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am

Yep that’s exactly the case.

Thanks guys for the great answers and insights. Y'all are pretty deep for a bunch of knife nuts! :o
BTW, I agree whole heartedly with you! ::tu:: ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Dale...I continue to think of you 2 just as you did for me 3 years
ago when I lost my Pammie....when I saw the update on her surgery
day..I hope and pray it is a omen...June 3rd was Pam's birthday...
I wish nothing but the best for the 2 of ya Dale....

Will

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”