Need a prayer for the family

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Need a prayer for the family

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

We were notified a few hours ago that my wifes youngest brother was killed in a traffic accident about noon today. He worked for a farm machinery dealer and had the company dually truck pulling a trailer with a farm tractor on it to deliver to a customer and was involved in a head on collision on a local highway.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need a prayer for the family

Post by dlr110 »

I am so sorry to hear this news.
Father please wrap your arms around this family and manifest your perfect love and comfort through them. Father in this time of loss and deep pain may they seek you Lord to sustain them through this time. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

O C we will remember your family before the throne. Condolences ::handshake:: .
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Praying for peace and comfort for your family, and all involved.
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'm very sorry for your loss. I will be praying for all those impacted by this tragedy.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

OLDE CUTLER,
Sorry to learn of such a tragedy. God bless and comfort all who are involved. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Sending prayers for your entire family Skyward. In Jesus name we pray. ::pray::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Froe

Post by Froe »

Prayers and condolences.
Froe
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, so many things happen that go far beyond understanding of how or why. I do know You love us far beyond our understanding of that, as well. Lord, bless OC and all who new his brother-in-law with Your peace that goes beyond understanding to comfort them. For Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

My goodness, prayers for all involved.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Sorry to hear of this tragedy. May the Lord comfort the entire family and friends.

Will keep you in my prayers tonight.

Bob
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Sorry for your loss, OC. Such a tragic way to go. I will pray for you, your wife, and your family.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Heavenly Father, we ask for your peace in your healing love to be poured over OC and his family.
We ask that you quickly mend broken hearts and broken dreams Lord, and I thank youthat you truly are father to the fatherless.

I ask this in the mighty name of Jesus,
Amen
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

So very sad to hear of this tragedy....
Heavenly Father, please shower this family with your love. Father, in times like this we feel so lost. We don't know what to do or which way to turn. But as Christians, we know that we can turn to you for comfort. The hurt we feel at a time of loss can only be soothed by the assurance that we will see our loved ones again. We will be able to spend eternity with you and our loved ones that have gone on before us. What a glorious time!
Father, please bless this family in this time of sorrow.
I the precious name of Jesus our savoir we pray....
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Terrible news, may God place his loving arms around you and your family and comfort you in this time of sorrow. ::pray:: my condolences to all his family and friends. God bless.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Thanks to all of you from the "AAPK family" who posted for your prayers and comments.
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

OLDE CUTLER

So sorry to hear about this accident. My thoughts and prayers are sure going out to you and your family. For living in a sparsely populated state we sure have had some horrific accidents on both ends of the state. Everyone needs to remember to slow down and pay attention. Stay safe.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Update on the accident that killed my brother in law Chuck. The Minnehaha County Sheriff Mike Milstead had contact with the family a couple of days ago and had additional information on the accident and the investigation. He stated that the investigation proved that Chuck was NOT on the wrong side of the road and thus did NOT cause the double fatal head on accident. Therefore the other party, the 24 year old driving the GMC pickup was on the wrong side of the road and thus caused the accident. Proof of this is that the truck that Chuck was driving, pulling the trailer with the farm tractor on it, had the tractor come off the trailer as a result of the accident and the tractor went into the ditch on the right hand side of the road. Because of the crown in the road, and this road just finished a 2 year reconstruction and was just repaved this past summer, this could only happen if the truck, trailer and tractor were on the right hand side of the road at the time of impact. The investigation is continuing as to why the GMC was on the wrong side of the road, it could have been mechanical failure (blown tire etc), medical problem, drugs or alcohol, cell phone use, or other causes. It also may never be determined why this occurred. The GMC was not in the process of passing another vehicle, as there were no witnesses to the accident (anyone in the process of being passed and having a head on accident right beside them would have seen everything). Even though this does cause some relief to the family in this matter, it does not make things any easier. The crown in the road is the fact that the center line of the roadway is higher than the edges to allow water to drain off when it rains and does not allow water to pool on the road surface. We dont realize it when we are driving on crowned roads, but the vehicle we are in is tilted just slightly to the right by this crown in the road.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

What a terrible ordeal for all involved, asking for blessings for all. ::pray::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

What a terrible accident....
I'm glad to see there is a little closure in knowing that the accident wasn't his fault.
Things like this always hurt DEEPLY.

Thanks for the update.
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Oh man, being a farmer myself, I can totally understand the pain your whole family is going through right now. Many thoughts and prayers heading skyward for everyone involved.
::pray::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
thankgod4rkids

Post by thankgod4rkids »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 pm Thanks to all of you from the "AAPK family" who posted for your prayers and comments.
Just got around to catching up this week. So sorry to hear this Jim. Our prayers go out to your family.
Bill and Michelle

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”