Todays scripture...

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Meridian_Mike

Re: Todays scripture...

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen!!

That makes me SO HAPPY that God is in control of my life!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Amen Mike, same here.
::tu::

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

And Amen!
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen!!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

::handshake::
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 103:17-18
But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

The Parable of the Soils

Matthew 13:18–23 “As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit” (v. 23).

Matthew groups Jesus’ teaching into five major discourses, and the parables in chapter 13 constitute the third of these collections. Of these parables, few are more well known than the parable of the sower (vv. 1–9, 18–23).

Though this parable is more commonly named after the sower of the seed, the “parable of the soils” is a more fitting title. The role of the sower in the story is important, but the parable’s point is twofold: first, to explain why different soils — different people — respond differently to the Gospel and, second, to invite us to examine ourselves to think about the kind of soil we hope to be.

The parable and its explanation are straightforward enough. All of the first three people portrayed are ultimately hard in heart, but the hardness is especially clear in the person described in verses 4 and 19 since that individual never shows an interest in the Gospel. His heart is calcified to the point where it resists all penetration by the seed, which is devoured by the Evil One and his minions, who were often represented by birds in first-century Jewish literature.

Those who fall away after professing faith are represented by the second and third soils. Without solid rooting in good soil, plants will wither and die under the sun’s heat (vv. 5–6). Similarly, some people appear to be thriving believers until persecution reveals their true colors (vv. 20–21), just like those in the first century who left Jesus when the going got tough (Heb. 3:12). Others, like vegetation choked by weeds, are strangled by the cares of this world and the love of money (Matt. 13:7, 22). This is an especially dreadful fate, for the one ensnared in such things does not usually know his predicament until it is too late, considering himself Christ’s follower even though he serves his riches (Mark 10:17–22).

Yet the fourth soil is notably different. This one understands and bears fruit — he accepts and conforms his life to the Gospel (Matt. 13:8–9, 23). The presence of fruit, not its quantity, is what matters. John Calvin says, “The fertility of that soil which yields a thirty-fold produce is small compared with that which yields a hundred-fold…[but Jesus] classes together all kinds of soil which do not entirely disappoint the labors and expectations of the husbandman.”

Coram deo: Living before the face of God

Matthew Henry writes: “That which distinguished this good ground from the rest, was, in one word, fruitfulness. He does not say that this good ground has no stones in it, or no thorns; but there were none that prevailed to hinder its fruitfulness.” Stones or thorns may be found in the good soil of a true believer’s heart, but such obstructions do not finally prevent him from bearing fruit. Despite your remaining sin, is your life bearing fruit for Christ?

R.C. Sproul
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 56:4
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

AMEN!!!
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

WillyCamaro wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
Niiiiice!
The word "rapture" isn't in the Bible, but this passage is the definition!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Revelation 21: 2-4
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Man brothers,
I can't wait for it, what a beautiful day it will be.
::groove::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Steve Warden wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Niiiiice!
The word "rapture" isn't in the Bible, but this passage is the definition!
Amen to that!

I HATE it when people say that "the rapture" was something made up in the 1800's...
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

::ds::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Yes.....

"Once and FOR ALL..."

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:29 pm Yes.....

"Once and FOR ALL..."

Exactly!
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Colossians 4:5-6
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Yup,
Definitely still a work in progress here...
::pray::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 am
Yup,
We all are.....

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:36 am
WillyCamaro wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:20 am
Yup,
We all are.....

::nod:: ::tu::
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

1 Thessalonians 5

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Brethren, pray for us. Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Winston Churchill

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod::
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Ephesians 3:17-19
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Psalm 90:2,4
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Amen!
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

AMEN!!
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Habakkuk 3:19
The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Hallelujah, Amen to that!
::groove::
Winston Churchill

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Amen!

The Lord is truly our strength!!

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”