Coronavirus has struck our family

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Coronavirus has struck our family

Post by dlr110 »

Good folks this awful virus has now struck my family. Most of you know my brother and his wife (Gary & Dee) spent the winter in Alaska, but flew back to Austin to be with their youngest son and daughter in law for the birth of their first baby which was born this past Tuesday.

When Gary and Dee first got back about two weeks ago they tested negative for Covid 19 and now that the baby is here they wanted to go see her at the hospital, but they had to be tested again. This time they both came up positive and it's been traced back to their daughter they have been staying with to her husband and to his gym/health club.

So, there are 4 in our family that have the virus. Cheryl and I were planning on going to Austin to see Gary and Dee and of course the baby, but you know our plans have changed now. We don't know how bad it will be for any of them, but please pray for all those stricken by this terrible virus.

God Bless you all.
David
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Coronavirus has struck our family

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to be reading this, David. Prayers going out for you and your family. ::pray::

John
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I wish them all the best and a speedy recovery. As I said, I was tested negative but was ill for almost eight weeks, wasn't sure I would make it. I was a lot better for a couple weeks but now am having some lung and heart problems which may be a residual effect of the disease. It seems to hit different people differently and they may exhibit different symtoms, the MDs still don't have a good handle on it anywhere in the world. It is still a huge danger and it seems a lot of southern states and southerners still don't believe there is a danger. Everybody please stay safe, this stuff can kill you or your friends and family and it is nowhere near over. Some usually very healthy people get it and die, some don't, still the aged and those with diabetes seem to be at the highest risk of death but the reaper sometimes makes no distinction. Disease knows no politics yet Americans are becoming polarized over safety plans. United we stand, divided we fall. Again, I wish them a speedy recovery with no complications. Please everybody, try to stay safe!
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Heavenly Father, we ask your healing touch for David's family, for all of them who have been affected by this virus. I pray that you would bring quick healing. Lord you are the great physician. You not only understand the people involved, you created them. They were fearfully and wonderfully made by you and you knew them in their mother's womb. Lord you know how to heal them better than any doctor, and I ask that you would lay your healing hands upon them, that they would recover quickly and the course of the illness would be very mild for them.

I give you all the thanks and praise Lord,
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Adding your family to my prayers David.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's a real bummer...

Many prayers sent on up for you, and your family David.

::pray::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

David you say that 4 family members have tested positive for Covid. Have any become ill ? The incubation period is less than 2 weeks so if still well 2 weeks after positive test i think it means they will stay well.
kj
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

Gunsil wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:22 am I wish them all the best and a speedy recovery. As I said, I was tested negative but was ill for almost eight weeks, wasn't sure I would make it. I was a lot better for a couple weeks but now am having some lung and heart problems which may be a residual effect of the disease. It seems to hit different people differently and they may exhibit different symtoms, the MDs still don't have a good handle on it anywhere in the world. It is still a huge danger and it seems a lot of southern states and southerners still don't believe there is a danger. Everybody please stay safe, this stuff can kill you or your friends and family and it is nowhere near over. Some usually very healthy people get it and die, some don't, still the aged and those with diabetes seem to be at the highest risk of death but the reaper sometimes makes no distinction. Disease knows no politics yet Americans are becoming polarized over safety plans. United we stand, divided we fall. Again, I wish them a speedy recovery with no complications. Please everybody, try to stay safe!
So true gunsil...sure all of AAPK'S thoughts and prayer's are with your family...Arizona
just recorded 3,000 new case's in a 24 hour time frame
This stuff's for real !!!

Stag
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

In my thoughts & prayers
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sorry to read this. Hoping for the best. I'm sure everyone will be healthy.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
mariacrow44

Post by mariacrow44 »

Healing Prayers For you and Your Family
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

UPDATE: Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, but it has gotten worse. A 5th family member has tested positive and they are still waiting on some other family members. My brother has 7 grown children with 16 grand kids and there is a possibility that all of them have been exposed. I know that my brother Gary and his wife Dee have been sick, Gary has been hit the hardest. No reports about the others yet. The only ones not exposed was their youngest son, his wife and new baby, because they have been quarantined by themselves and then in the hospital for the birth of the baby. Folks I'm very worried and of course my reaction is I want to do something to help, but there is nothing I can do except stay away and pray.

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

orvet wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:12 am Heavenly Father, we ask your healing touch for David's family, for all of them who have been affected by this virus. I pray that you would bring quick healing. Lord you are the great physician. You not only understand the people involved, you created them. They were fearfully and wonderfully made by you and you knew them in their mother's womb. Lord you know how to heal them better than any doctor, and I ask that you would lay your healing hands upon them, that they would recover quickly and the course of the illness would be very mild for them.

I give you all the thanks and praise Lord,
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen.
Amen.
dlr110 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:29 pm I want to do something to help, but there is nothing I can do except stay away and pray.
Don't ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of prayer.
To say, "all I can do is pray", is to demean the power prayer has. I know what you mean and I know in your heart that is certainly not your intent. But please know that prayer is actually the greatest and most powerful thing you or anyone can ever do for yourself or someone else.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I am praying for their healing.
To "Amen" what Steve Warden said, if "all you can do is pray", then you are doing enough! Prayer reaches the Almighty, the Creator, our Lord & Savior, the One who loves us!

James 5:16 "Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much"
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Our thoughts and well wishes out to your family David.. All will pass.
John
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Heavenly Father....
This terrible virus that is still a threat in our country is effecting us all. Please help us Father to learn a way to keep this virus at bay. We hear the problems people are having on the news with this disease but when it hits close to home, we panic. Let us find our comfort in YOU.
Father, please be with David's family and help them to get through this and come out the other side well and healthy.
We know you are the great physician Father..... Please give us the healing we need.
May your will be done!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Just now seeing this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, for containment and healing.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Wow hadn't checked in for a couple of days, so sorry to hear this. As many of you know my bil Matt had it and is back to some semblance of normal but still weak, thanks again for your many prayers. As Gene and others have said this is serious stuff.
You and your family are in my prayers, God bless . ::pray::
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I've lifted them all up in prayer. ::pray::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

So sorry to read this. Prayers for you and your family.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Prayers offered for all of your family David, the adults and the children. You may advise everyone to supplement with vitamin C and D3. Also zinc. These will not prevent the virus but they make a substantial difference as to the outcomes.
eveled

Post by eveled »

I’ll say the Rosary for your family’s health. ::pray:: ::pray::
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

UPDATE: My brother Gary had to go to the ER with breathing difficulties. We were told he now has pneumonia in both lungs and is on heavy antibiotics. Also Gary is a Diabetic and has high blood pressure. The other family members have not been hit as hard.

Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Praying more.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
eveled

Post by eveled »

Dedicated another Rosary to your family.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”