Prayers for Search Committee

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
bighomer

Re: Prayers for Search Committee

Post by bighomer »

Imho great advice from Steve, Dale and your brother. I will continue to pray for your church family. ::pray:: ::handshake:: p.s. read Deuteronomy 31:6.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

Amen to what has been said and prayed!
Use those 105 resume's as a starting point, and through prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit, God will continue to lead you to the right man, whether he is in that stack or not.
I like your brother's advice. As well, I hope that there are one or two women in your committee. God has granted many women of wisdom the ability to read body language as much as words (women's intuition!), and often they may see things that we men miss. Listen to how they "feel" about a candidate.
When you get closer, research the 'short list' candidates on all their Social Media accounts, and talk to others who know them. (We always followed their references, then asked those people to name someone else as a character reference. You find out a lot that way!).

Above all else, PRAY!
James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

UPDATE: Our search has had to be suspended for an undetermined time, because of current illnesses in the church.
David L Roberts, United States Navy Retired
Please visit my website: Woodburning Art by David at

https://www.wdbydavid.com/
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

We have resumed our work now. We are down to 10 Candidates who have answered and returned our initial set of questions. We have this coming week to read and prayerfully considered each candidate. I believe we will narrow this down to 3 to 5 and then conduct interviews. From that we will invite some to come and speak during a church service. At that point hopefully the Holy Spirit has shown us the man to call as our pastor.

God Bless

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thanks for the update, David.
I pray God will find favor with you, your church and your new pastor!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:59 pm We have resumed our work now. We are down to 10 Candidates who have answered and returned our initial set of questions. We have this coming week to read and prayerfully considered each candidate. I believe we will narrow this down to 3 to 5 and then conduct interviews. From that we will invite some to come and speak during a church service. At that point hopefully the Holy Spirit has shown us the man to call as our pastor.

God Bless
“And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭3:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

UPDATE: Last night our committee selected 4 individuals as our finalists in our search for a new Pastor. It was simply amazing how the Holy Spirit that lead us all to these 4 men. We plan now to view some videos of their preaching, then face to face interviews, or via video calls. I believe we will invite at least two to come and speak at our church and by that time, or maybe before, I believe God will reveal the right man for our church.

Thank you for your prayers and support.
David R

Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

That sounds great David!
When God is in charge, the right pastor will be presented to the Church.
Keep in prayer and trust God for the answer!
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

dlr110 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:35 pm UPDATE: Last night our committee selected 4 individuals as our finalists in our search for a new Pastor. It was simply amazing how the Holy Spirit that lead us all to these 4 men. We plan now to view some videos of their preaching, then face to face interviews, or via video calls. I believe we will invite at least two to come and speak at our church and by that time, or maybe before, I believe God will reveal the right man for our church.

Thank you for your prayers and support.
David R
David, we went thru a similar situation at our church in town. Glad to read that you are gaining ground. We went thru a similar process, and when we heard Pastor Travis ,the church knew ,he was our Pastor and made it happen. Thanks for sharing with us ,and stay safe .
Sincerely JP
JP
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wonderful news David!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Great to hear!!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Continued blessings in your search David. It looks like it is narrowing down. I pray the Holy Spirit will give your board wisdom to see God's heart in the matter of who is to be selected.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

UPDATE: Praise the Lord we are down to our final candidate. His background check came back with no "red flags" and all of his references gave him glowing reports about his ministry, his love for God and his desire to see souls won for Christ. Now the trustees have to get a financial package together and we will meet with him one more time. One very good thing is he is local, as a matter of fact he lives closer to the church than I do.

Satan really tried to put up some road blocks in our process. Two of us with the COVID virus and another member loosing her husband to the virus. One other resign for personal reasons. Prayer and God's faithfulness got us through it all and brought us to this point and He alone deserves all the honor, glory and praise.

To all of you that have prayed for our church and our committee, thank you and may God richly bless each one of you.

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congratulations David. A big, important decision. May the Lord continue to bless your community and your new pastor.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Congrats David, and amen to what you've said. Now matter what satin throws at us, God is always at work, and He will have the glory and honor, always.
::ds::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

dlr110 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:48 pm UPDATE: Praise the Lord we are down to our final candidate. His background check came back with no "red flags" and all of his references gave him glowing reports about his ministry, his love for God and his desire to see souls won for Christ. Now the trustees have to get a financial package together and we will meet with him one more time. One very good thing is he is local, as a matter of fact he lives closer to the church than I do.

Satan really tried to put up some road blocks in our process. Two of us with the COVID virus and another member loosing her husband to the virus. One other resign for personal reasons. Prayer and God's faithfulness got us through it all and brought us to this point and He alone deserves all the honor, glory and praise.

To all of you that have prayed for our church and our committee, thank you and may God richly bless each one of you.
Wonderful news!!!! And good on ya for doing a background check too. Far too many churches don’t.

We do background checks on all our youth workers and pastors are background checked every 4 years. I think it’s a wonderful thing!
Robert E. Lee

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”