Prayers needed

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Prayers needed

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

My wifes youngest sister and her husband live in a small town near Sioux Falls. Last night Cheryl was walking their Chihuahua pup Daisy after supper when they were attacked by a pit bull. Cheryl saw the dog coming at them, and scooped Daisy up off the ground and began yelling for help. Several people responded including the pit bulls owner but could not get the dog off of her. Fortunately someone did respond by shooting and killing the dog, or it may have killed her. She received bites to the left arm, one leg, torso, and a ripping wound on the top of the head. The dog may have got hold of her hair to cause the scalp wound. She was brought by ambulance to a Sioux Falls hospital and treated in the ER, but they couldn't finish, so she will be having surgery today to close all the wounds. The dog is being tested for rabies. The pit bull never laid a tooth on Daisy. As you can imagine, these kind of wounds are not clean cut or sanitary. She will more than likely require plastic surgery to minimize the scars.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
Doc B

Re: Prayers needed

Post by Doc B »

OC, prayers for your sister-in-law and thanks, that someone was able to respond and save her.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

OLDE CUTLER,
Praying the Lord will bless your sister in law with a complete recovery from such a traumatic experience. Praying also for all involved, family and medical folks. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, I pray for Your blessings of peace and healing for OC's niece. May You bless her with a quick recovery and no noticable scarring. I pray testing for rabies will bring negative results. I pray You will bless the doctors with Your wisdom and skill. And I pray OC's niece will not suffer any post traumatic stress from this tragedy. All for Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Prayers heading Skyward. ::pray::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

My goodness. Positive thoughts and prayers for Cheryl and your entire family.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

So sorry to learn of this. Prayers offered. [Hope charges will be brought against the dog owner.}
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I pray for a complete recovery and minimal pain for this woman. May God's healing hand be upon her.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
mariacrow44

Post by mariacrow44 »

Prayers sent your way.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Terrible tragedy. Praying for her full recovery.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Hope she comes out ok. I think pit bulls get a bad rap sometimes, any large dog could have done the same thing to her. I've been around a few pits that were great pets but the jaw strength of a pit can be unbelievable. I saw one chew up a big rawhide bone with knots on both ends to look like a real bone. He chewed it up like it was a cracker and you could drive nails with that rawhide bone. That's the last time I played rough with that dog!!!
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

An Unprovoked attack By Any animal is As Bad as it gets OC . I say a prayer for You 'all ::pray:: That took Courage I cant imagine on Her Part . :shock:
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Prayers sent.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent to our heavenly father that she'll have a full recovery . ::pray::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

Information update:
Cheryl was in surgery from 1PM til about 3:30. The surgeon stitched 23 different puncture wounds and there were a few smaller ones that were basically "super glued". It appears to have went well and now she is recovering. The info I learned is that the person who shot and killed the dog was the woman who owned the dogs daughter or grand daughter who had a gun in her purse. The dog was on a chain in the yard, but when the pit bull saw the chihuahua and made a lunge and hit the end of the chain, something broke and let the dog loose. Some steely nerve there to shoot a dog attacking a victim and not hit anything but the dog.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

Would have been an absolutely terrifying experience, and the emotional trauma will take time to heal. My thoughts and prayers are with all concerned. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Oh boy, I am just reading this. That could have actually ended up being so much worse. I'm sorry for the damage to your sister in law, and I pray for her continued healing
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

How is your sister and law recuperating. All well i hope. ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Wow I missed this also. We were gone part of this weekend and though I can still get on AAPK with my phone it looks different I miss a good deal of stuff.

Father, I lift up 0C's sister-in-law. We ask that you give the doctors and the medical staff supernatural skills beyond their training and experience to treat her wounds. Lord we ask that there would be no infection in these wounds. Also Father we ask there would be no lasting emotional scars. We also asked for a miraculous healing and a miraculous recovery, that her wounds would not even require plastic surgery!

I thank you Father that you have already begun the healing process.
Lord I ask that you would provide a miraculous touch her life for and bring quick healing to her body.
To You be the glory of the Lord!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

You are all correct when you say that this could have been a lot worse. If someone had not shot the dog when they did it would not have taken much longer for the dog to get to the face and neck area, which would have been a lot worse. The surgery went well, the plastic surgeon who did the closing of the wounds is very good and while there will be scarring, it will be at a minimum. Cheryl was at our house the other day while in town to have the bandages changed for the first time and said that they had thought that the chihuahua was untouched at first, but noticed it was limping and when they checked again it did get bit on one back foot. The rabies test on the attacking dog came back negative. There has been no word yet on if the dogs owner will face charges. It is just going to take time to heal up from something like this, and so far so good.
Thanks to all of you for your comments and prayers.
Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Thank the Lord the rabies test was negative!
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Steve Warden wrote:Thank the Lord the rabies test was negative!
Amen!

Will continue to pray for Cheryl's complete recovery.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Thanks OC for the update.