Daniel Fast

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
just bob

Daniel Fast

Post by just bob »

Been reading a lot about this and have been buying things and preparing for it. It's a 21 day cleansing fast that prohibits processed foods and beverages. Water is the only thing you can drink. Started Feb. 1st and so far it has been easy. In fact the elimination of dairy has improved my congestion a lot. My daughter tried to tell me this and I told her she was nuts. Funny how things work. This is supposed to be a great program for general well being. Look into it for a challenge. Winter is a great time to try this - no meat chili and vegetable soup hit the spot.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Daniel Fast

Post by btrwtr »

Good for you Bob. Keep us posted on how this works out.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

No processed food is a good idea but difficult to follow. No cookies ! No bread or pasta. And what about making porridge with 'rolled oats' ? Does cracking the oat seed = "processed" ?
What do you eat for breakfast ?
How much weight have you lost in the first week ?
kj
just bob

Post by just bob »

There are modifications on all of this. Any food that comes in a box is processed. What you're supposed to do is read the ingredients and make sure they have no additives. Web sites have tons of info on this. You can have whole grain bread. They like to say sprouted bread and they do sell that at Walmart, but any whole grain bread without additives is fine. You can also have whole grain pasta. You just have to look at the ingredients on the box. You can have oats and bananas for breakfast. You're only supposed to drink water but they say you can use unsweetened coconut milk to cook with. Even baked tortilla chips where the only ingredients are corn and salt are allowed. No fried foods at all. It's something you need to study, plan, and shop for at least a couple of weeks before you start it. It's not a starvation type thing at all. As far as weight loss I think it will be minimal. This is loaded with carbs. I haven't weighed in yet, but I'll post the results after the 21 days are up.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Don't want to take up a lot of space in this forum because I know there are far more serious matters going on. I made it through the 21 day Daniel Fast with flying colors. Giving up coffee was the hard part. I am truly addicted to the stuff and will likely die that way. A little hard to find all of the stuff you need in a small town, but common sense goes a long way. There is no noticeable difference in my weight maybe 1 pound either way. This is not starvation at all, just an elimination of most of the toxic food in our diets for 21 days. There is a lot of information and opinion on line on this subject. For anyone with an interest this is the web site and blue print I used. No chips or cookies, but you can make a banana bread that isn't bad.

https://ultimatedanielfast.com/

Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

Glad you are finding it easy. BTW, no meat chili is soup :lol:
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”