Prayer Request For My Mom

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
wlf

Re: Prayer Request For My Mom

Post by wlf »

I am thankful the Lord knows and loves more than we can imagine. God does bless Dale, we know.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Dale, it is hard to believe it has been so long since your first request for prayers for your mom. Now her condition is improved - hallelujah! The power of prayer is wonderful.

Continued prayers for your parents and your family.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers will continue on for your mom and dad Dale, thanks for the update
::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks for all your prayers for mom guys! There are people around the world praying for her! Mom and dad are the kind of people who collected friends. They have a unique gift of being able to befriend those who need it the most and that often has a profound and positive effect on the people. They have blessed many people in many ways, but most often just by being a friend to them.

The great blessing is that mom is doing well physically and mentally. She is able to get around some, into her yard, she is able to visit with the grandkids and great-grandkids, and was even watching a toddler great-grand daughter for a short time. Mom is enjoying life, not just enduring suffering. She is actually thriving at this point! She and everyone else in the family knows this will change, we are well aware of the disease process, but we are overjoyed at how well mom is doing at this point in time given that she is only about 6 months from her 90th birthday!

I am so blessed by your posts here to see so many so many people who don't know mom and dad but are still pray for them.
Thank you all and God bless you all!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I know it's only been a few days since I updated mom's condition but I think this new development could definitely use some prayer.
Yesterday my dad was outside trying to clean up some limbs that had been knocked off some trees in an earlier snowstorm. He got his feet tangled something and fell and landed on one of the raised beds he had built in mom's garden. Apparently he landed on the 2 x 12 framework and it did considerable damage to him. Besides bruises on his shoulder and his left side, it peeled a strip of skin about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide off of his arm and he broke his ulna just above the wrist. His skin is so thin at 89 years of age that they cannot sew it back together. They have him patched up with Steri-Strips and special bandages and in a brace of some sort to immobilize it for a few days until he sees the orthopedic doc.

Mom is really feeling the effect of the decrease of prednisone and she is having trouble getting around now. My brother said yesterday is not going to be much longer before someone's going to have to stay there with them pretty much around the clock to take care of them.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for them and for everyone who will continue to pray for them.
God bless you all.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Dale, so sorry to hear your dad fell and is experiencing so tough times. Up on a ladder reminds me of another older man I know. To use a phrase that we hear quite often, "It is what it is", seem to be applicable. Both mother and dad are in the Lord's hands and it sounds like the family knows what is coming and what special attention will be needed. That roll reversal thing is difficult and getting everyone to play fair is even more difficult when it comes to aging parents. I know you and your family will do your best to keep them comfortable with the Lord's help. We will continue to pray for your strength in this matter and the comfort of your parents.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Will keep on praying Dale. Life is so fragile even for us at our age but can change overnight when we get around the 90 mark. It takes a lot of prayer.___Dave
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I continue to pray for them Dale. May God bless them with his tenderness and mercy.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you so much Phil, Dave and Phil. There is strength in knowing that others are supporting you in prayer! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Dale there is a cycle of life and painful as it is, it is "only if need be" in His wisdom. ( 1 Peter 1:6) My heart hurts for your parents and for you. May the Lord be gracious, (as He always is) to you and your family in this difficult time. ::handshake::
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Prayers sent Dale, so sorry to hear this. ::pray::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys.
As difficult as it can be in some moments I consider myself so blessed. Most people don't have both parents alive for most of their life. I will be 68 in a couple months and I have always been able to call my dad or mom for advice if I needed it. That is not true for most people.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Praying for your family Dale, for recovery and strength.
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Sorry to hear of your Dad, Dale. Thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

How is your dad doing, Dale? (and mom also)
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys. They are hanging in there at this point. Alyson and I are going down there tomorrow to visit with them on Father’s Day, and again on the 30th when they will be celebrating their 70th anniversary at church. Hopefully they will both feel up to going to the church. Most Sundays they are not able to go to church, especially mom.

I will have a little more information after we get home tomorrow evening. I will try to update this topic on Monday and keep everyone informed.
I appreciate your prayers for my parents far more than you can ever understand! ::nod::
God bless each and every one of you!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

UPDATE

Those of you who have followed this topic since April 2018 have seen some incredible answers to prayers. About a year ago I was pretty certain that mom would probably not last through the year. I never really thought that she could make it to the end of June 2019.

There have been a few of our members who checked with me to see how mom and dad were doing if I didn’t post something every now and then let me know they were praying especially hard mom. Thank you so much.

I wanted to update you on mom and dad today:
Today, June 26 is my parent’s 70th wedding anniversary! A year ago, I really didn’t think they would live to see their 70th anniversary because of mom’s cancer. Mom and dad both made it because all your prayers and prayers of a few thousand other people scattered around the world, (literally). Not only have they made it to their anniversary, but they seem to be doing better mentally at least if not physically. Dad is still recovering from his fall and his broken arm, and mom gets tired really easy, but I know they are excited about their 70th anniversary.
This Sunday, June 30 their church is putting on an anniversary party for them. I expect that their church’s fellowship hall will be packed with people from all over Western Oregon, and probably a few from out of state.

If you could say a prayer for mom and dad that they would have the strength and stamina to get through this party and meeting and talking with all the people, I would appreciate it. Dad still has a cast on his left arm and mom is weak and doesn’t have a lot of stamina. Although it amazes me how much she is able to do in spite of the leukemia.

I just wanted to share the good news with all of you folks who been praying for mom and dad and with those of you who are just interested in their story.
Thank you all for your prayers and God bless you.

Oh, something else I wanted to share –
My oldest daughter is getting married on Saturday, June 29th. We will go to a wedding on Saturday and a 70th wedding anniversary on Sunday. I just thought that was pretty cool, and what’s even cooler is I get to meet my first biological great-grandchild at the wedding. How blessed can one man be?

Thank you Lord!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Steve Warden

Post by Steve Warden »

Father, You are the Creator who loves and takes joy in what You have created. You love to bless. Nehemiah proclaimed, "The joy of the Lord is your strength." Bless Dale's parents with Your joy for the strength to fully enjoy their anniversary. Bless Dale's daughter with a marriage that will prosper and glorify You. Bless Dale abundantly as he meets his great-grandchild. May You bless his time with them for many years to come. All these things for Your glory in Jesus's name. Amen.
Take care and God bless,

Steve
TSgt USAF, Retired
1980-2000

But any knife is better than no knife! ~ Mumbleypeg (aka Ken)
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Dale I thank the Lord for his grace to you and your mom and dad. 70 years! And a great grand child to boot. God bless (and has) your family. ::handshake::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thanks guys. ::handshake::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

70 years, what an accomplishment!
Praying everyone in the family will have the strength to enjoy such wonderful happenings!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

So many blessings Dale. We thank the Lord and praise Him.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Wow Dale, I missed the part about your dad some how! What’s roller coaster y’all have been on. Prayers from here.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Well, that's some good news all around to celebrate. I hope they have a great celebration, and good luck with he wedding festivities also!
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

That's some great news Dale!
70 years is a tremendous accomplishment no matter how they got there ...
Congratulations to both of the happy couples.
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”