Jane's heart surgery

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
bighomer

Re: Jane's heart surgery

Post by bighomer »

Missed all this was going through a health bump in the road myself. Hope and pray that things go good for you and yours Dave. God bless.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Dave,
I sent up a prayer for you and your sisters. ::pray:: God Bless you all.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Okay Fellers, today's the day, be praying for Miss Jane and the whole family. DjDave is probably going to earn his Nursing degree.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

It's been a really long day. Jane is through surgery and they repaired the valve in her heart and did some other minor repairs in the heart. The surgeon said it all went as planned with no surprises. Jane is in a lot of pain and very nauseated but I suspect this is normal. It will be several hours before the tubes come out so she can talk so I went home and will drive back up in a couple hours. It's suppose to snow tonight so I hope that doesn't screw things up for my travel. Thank you all for the prayer support. ___Dave
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

Thank you for updating.
The worst is behind both of you so all you can do now is love one another.
God bless you both. :)
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Thanks for the status update Dave. Continued prayers for her and your family.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Dear God give you all strength, Dave.
Joe
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Dave continued prayers my friend. In my thoughts buddy.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Y'all continue to pray, Dave shared there are some breathing issues, pain meds will allow her to sleep through the night, praying for enough improvement to remove tubes in the am. ::pray::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Prayers for your wife and a great recovery, and all Dave ::pray:: ... I've known a few now to have heart surgery - amazing after the first days as any surgery how fast one can bounce back... again prayers to Jane (and you) for strength to get through this my friend!

Post by bighomer »

Prayers continue for Jane and for the family. God bless you all.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

The doctors couldn't take the breathing tubes out of Jane's throat last night because her lungs weren't recovering enough. These are really uncomfortable and kind of a milestone to have removed after heart surgery. Hopefully this morning will be better. We got about 5 inches of wet heavy snow and driving is less than good. The first significant snow of the year always looks like people are driving bumper cars so my son is driving me to Duluth. They didn't have as much snow by the lake but I hear Duluth made the national news for wind and wind damage along the lakewalk. Thanks for your prayers and especially for continued prayers. ____Dave
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

djknife13 wrote:The doctors couldn't take the breathing tubes out of Jane's throat last night because her lungs weren't recovering enough. These are really uncomfortable and kind of a milestone to have removed after heart surgery. Hopefully this morning will be better. We got about 5 inches of wet heavy snow and driving is less than good. The first significant snow of the year always looks like people are driving bumper cars so my son is driving me to Duluth. They didn't have as much snow by the lake but I hear Duluth made the national news for wind and wind damage along the lakewalk. Thanks for your prayers and especially for continued prayers. ____Dave
Continuing prayers for Miss Jane and family. ::pray::

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Still praying in Oregon too.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Prayers or you and Jane.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Breathing tube out and she is sitting up for short periods of time. Jane still has 8 IV's going to all over her and a ton of wires going to a scary rack of machines but they are talking about moving her to a less intensive room after the weekend. The snow storm turned deadly this morning and the driving was awful. I hear we made the national news with several dead and some damage along Duluth's boardwalks along Lake Superior from heavy wind and waves. I'm probably staying home tonight. Several of our kids are up with their Mom now. ___Dave
americanedgetech

There was a day that my 13 YO daughter fractured her skull in Naugatuck Ct. It was a snow slide accident, and I was 200 miles away at work.
At that time I drove a '69 WS 4 trans am, and I put snow chains on all four tires, and met her at the hospital. Everything worked out but to this day she still says "Why is it ALWAYS my head" when it comes to injuries.

Why does our God let us get hurt is MY question. Strength? Belief? I don't know... but I keep on praying to someone because we all need someone to pray for us.

My prayers are for your family sir. Even if they are just prayers. God Bless, and save your family sir.
Ken Mc.

djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Jane is suppose to be released from the hospital today and I'm driving her to a re-hab. facility in an area nursing home. She is scheduled to be there for about two weeks and then she'll come home and have the rest of her re-hab several times a week at a local hospital. This is suppose to go on for a couple months. I talked to my sister Carol (the one that had the double knee replacement three weeks age. She is doing pretty well but still has a lot of pain and her re-hab is going slow. She called me to tell me about Gayle ,the sister who is battling cancer. Gayle went to Mayo clinic yesterday to get results from her latest tests. She had two spots they suspected were cancer that developed while she was taking Cemo. and her doctor said if they were cancer, she probably didn't have much time left. Mayo confirmed they are cancer but that they felt they could treat them but probably not cure them. She will likely be on a mild form of Cemo. for the rest of her life and they were talking years instead of a few months. It isn't the diagnoses we were praying for but much better than the prognoses her first doctor gave us. Thank you all for your prayers. It looks like the storm my family has been going through is nearing the end of it's fury. Praise God for his care. ___Dave
americanedgetech

I am happy to hear that you are at least turning a corner, and beginning too see the light thru the fog. you all sound like a stout bunch of folks to deal with all of this at once but you did.

Now it is all recovery, and my prayers will continue for all of you.
Ken Mc.

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's certainly a lot to carry around, but it looks like at least some positive outcome. That's too bad about Gayle, but she will have a little more time to get things in order. Small consolation, but it's something anyway.
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Thanks Glenn.Jane is doing much better. She will probably be at the swing bed facility for another week or so. Gayle has an incredible spirit and is a strong Christian woman and an inspiration to her family. Thank you and all the others that have been praying for us. ___Dave

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”