In need of a few prayers, please.

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Stringplucker

Re: In need of a few prayers, please.

Post by Stringplucker »

Lungs clear...good to go on Friday
Jon
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Stringplucker wrote:Lungs clear...good to go on Friday
Wonderful news! Prayers from here.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
wlf

Post by wlf »

I am humbled by the knowledge of the faith of my brethren.

I will ask the Lord on your behalf.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Stringplucker

Post by Stringplucker »

I got the call a little bit ago...surgery will be at 1030 tomorrow. I pray that recovery isn't as bad as I've heard.
Jon
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

I'll be praying for you Jon, let us know how its going.

Monte
Stringplucker

Post by Stringplucker »

Surgery went well. They removed the bursa and bone spurs, as well as a portion of bone that caused impingement. While in there, they found a minor tear in the rotator cuff, along with two other tendon tears that they repaired. My arm is in an immobilizer sling, and I'm trying to wean myself off the opioid pain meds and to something less problematic. I'm lucky that I have a wife willing to assist me with mundane tasks.

I appreciate everyone's prayers.
Jon
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

I'm glad things are going better for you. Those pain meds can be a problem for people who are easily addictive. I for one am not. I hope you aren't either. Looks like you are in for plenty of down time. Maybe a few good books to keep you occupied.

Monte
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Good news Jon. I've been praying for you for both your medical and financial issues and will continue until the storm passes. The only time I ever needed prescription pain meds. I couldn't keep them down long enough to get relief or addicted. At least mild over the counter stuff works pretty well for me and I don't take them unless grinning and bearing don't work. Take care and do all the recovery things well so you beat this thing. ___Dave
Stringplucker

Post by Stringplucker »

I've never been the type to get addicted to pain meds or alcohol...I drank in my younger years prior to becoming a father, rather heavily and frequently, and walked away from it without a single craving. I've had some pretty strong and addictive pain meds in the past and was able to quit just as easily. My weaning myself from them has to do with OIC, which is no fun
Jon
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Glad to hear the surgery went well!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Jon, glad to learn the surgery was successful and you are doing well. Sounds like your shoulder was similar to mine, with impingement and partial rotator cuff tear.

As soon as the doctor says it's okay, start the re-hab process and don't not take any shortcuts! Rehab with good physical therapists is the key to returning to full and pain free use of your shoulder. It's hard work but looking back on it, it is worth every bit of it. My shoulder has been pain free for nearly two years now since completing rehab. I can lift and move 50 lb. feed sacks and other routine daily activities - not like when I was twenty of course, but better than many my age. :lol:

I'll continue praying for you. Keep the faith. Matthew 6:24-35.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Stringplucker wrote:Surgery went well. They removed the bursa and bone spurs, as well as a portion of bone that caused impingement. While in there, they found a minor tear in the rotator cuff, along with two other tendon tears that they repaired. My arm is in an immobilizer sling, and I'm trying to wean myself off the opioid pain meds and to something less problematic. I'm lucky that I have a wife willing to assist me with mundane tasks.

I appreciate everyone's prayers.
Good to hear! I understand about the food wife part. I've had ha d and elbow surgeries before that without my wife, I don't know what I would have done. They are a blessing.

Now as to recovery, you mind the physical terrorists. They'll torture you for sure. But they'll help in the end.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Good to read your surgery went well! ::tu:: Therapy as directed and with the Lord's help you'll be getting use of that shoulder in a short time.
Praying you have a quick recovery!
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”