A prayer for my foster daughter please......

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
knife7knut

A prayer for my foster daughter please......

Post by knife7knut »

As many of you may or may not know my ex-wife and I were emergency foster parents for many years before we finally decided to go our separate ways. Several of our foster children that we had for an extended period of time(several years rather than a few days)still keep in touch with me and my ex-wife.
One of our girls had fallen in with some bad people and had become addicted to heroin.She finally checked into a rehab unit and after several months had come out clean. Sadly it was not to last.
My youngest son called me last night to inform me that she had OD'd on a "Speedball"(a mixture of heroin and cocaine)and the people she was hanging around with dumped her in front of a hospital and took off. She was diagnosed with sepsis from a contaminated needle and a further complication was damage to her heart and liver and a drastic dropping in her platelet count which can lead to uncontrolled internal bleeding.They put her into an induced coma to slow the process while they look for a place to send her for the surgery her heart requires due to their inability to perform it at the hospital she is at.My son and my ex-wife and her sister(who my ex-wife is adopting)drove up there to be with her but the prognosis is not too good.
I don't normally ask for anyone's prayers but in this case I feel that I must.She is way too young to die.
Attachments
Kaoeun then and now.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: A prayer for my foster daughter please......

Post by bestgear »

Almighty and merciful Father, by the power of your command, drive away from this beautiful woman all forms of sickness and disease.
Restore strength to her body and joy to her spirit, so that in renewed health she may bless and serve you, now and forevermore.
We ask this in the name of Jesus, Amen. Godspeed
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

First off, I admire and commend you for your past work with foster kids. I understand that it can be both rewarding and frustrating at the same time.

The drug addiction epidemic is both heartbreaking and tragic. It is horrible to see young people get caught up and in it, and seem powerless to break away from it.

I will be happy to say some prayers for your foster daughter, as well as your family. I hope that things will turn around for her.
montemojo

Post by montemojo »

K7k, my prayers are with you as you and your family deal with this this tragedy. Glenn you and yours are also in my prayers for your loss. May God bless all

Monte
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

A heartfelt thank you for your concerns.It pains me to report that my beautiful little girl went to be with the Lord at 6:58 pm tonight.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time, Godspeed
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Ray, I can’t tell you how saddened I am to read about this. My prayers are for you and your family.
I don’t know why things happen like they do sometimes, but I know the grace of God is far deeper, far wider and far greater than I will ever understand.
God’s blessing on you and your family.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Ray it's my prayer that God's Grace will comfort and sustain you and your family. I'm sorry for the loss of this young woman's life.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Ray, I'm so sad to read this. Bless you all. You're in my prayers.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Ray,

I'm so sorry to read this. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Glenn
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Ray. God bless your family.
Joe
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

K7K,
Such a sad story. The only bright spot maybe that some one will be shocked into reality by such a loss and change their path.
Life is very tough but the Lord gives us grace to deal with all the unpleasantness we encounter.
Praying the Lord will give you and all involved strength to deal with this tragedy.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Praying for you and yours Ray Godspeed.

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”