Surgery Today

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
DRS

Re: Surgery Today

Post by DRS »

Glad surgery went well praying for a speedy recovery.

Donald
::handshake::
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Hey Charlie, how did your cataract surgery turn out? I had both eyes done in July, 2014 and I've never been happier. I had worn glasses since the 3rd grade and I'll be 69 in May. When I had mine done, it was almost instant gratification, 20/20 in right eye, which was the worst, and something less in the left. I could probably use a light prescription to make everything perfect, but for now just a pair of readers. I think the one's I have are a 1.5 magnification.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Everything is fine.

Eyesight is better without my glasses than with.

Problem is, Blue Cross will not pay to replace my glasses until the second eye is done, as they don't want to have to do it twice. Guess I cannot blame them, given the cost of glasses these days.

Except, I don't have a cataract in the left eye, not yet anyway.

So, I'm wearing the glasses I got in December, 2013, just before I retired and lost my employer paid vision insurance.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

... I missed this one, too, Charlie...glad you are doing well!!!!...... ::tu:: ..................
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Well, now I only have gross vision through the right eye, the one operated on for cataract in March of last year.

It's been coming on gradually.

Now, I cannot read the license plate of the car in front of me when stopped at a traffic light, if I close the left eye.

They tell me the implanted lens and macula are OK, but the membrane just behind the lens is clouded and hazy.

There is a fix for this and I'll be having some kind of laser therapy on it around August 4th. Hopefully, it will be an in-office procedure.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
big monk

Post by big monk »

Good luck !! Hope all goes well ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The thought of someone messing with my eyes gives me the heebie jeebies. Not that I wouldn't do it if the cataracts get so bad I can hardly see. I'm just saying, there's a great deal of trepidation attached to that prospect.

Best of luck Charlie.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
wlf

Post by wlf »

I pray all goes well Charlie. I hated to see this thread resurrected.

My son with Downs,that I lost in 2010, was born with cataracts and had both lens removed by about 3 weeks old ( it was the correct procedure,I called 5 different children hospitals). Here, they replaced them with glasses,but we soon learned contacts were the best corrective replacement for his lens. Implants not being an option until full growth of eye , and without contacts he could not develop peripheral vision, vision's critical period of development somewhere around four months of age. In other words,if you don't learn to see correctly by 4-6 months,you never will, barring a miracle from God.We had to go to a children's hospital in a larger city.

Eye trouble in infants needs addressed without hesitancy.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..sorry I missed this Charlie!!.glad you came thru it o. k., my wife just had it done and is doing great......sooner or later I'll have to have it done, too!!......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .................
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry to read about this, Charlie, but glad there's a potential fix. I hope all goes well. ::pray::

Not to side-rail but glad to see you post too, Lyle.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Charlie I trust all will go well.

It's amazing what they can do with eyes and lasers today. I wore glasses from kindergarten until I was in my early 20's. I had to get a stronger prescription every months or so for years. I had those ultra thin lenses and they were still way thick. When I was 23 or so I had LASIK and RK both in both of my eyes.

I went from 20/400 to 20/20 -2 (almost 20/20). I went from having to grope along without my glasses to not needing them at all.

So while the idea of lasers and eyes my seem horrifying. The results can be a real miracle from God. I still can't read the story in the bible about the man who was born blind without tearing up after all these years.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Glad to hear all is well Charlie. Those eyes are very precious.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
fergusontd

Post by fergusontd »

::hmm:: Charlie, check with the VA, you could get glasses with little or no cost. That's where I got my eye done. ftd
"A pocketknife is a man's best friend!"
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

........Charlie, sorry I missed this also!!..glad you are o.k.!!...my wife just had this done and I guess at some point i'll get it done too!!........ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
thefarside

Post by thefarside »

Charlie,
I will be praying for your surgery on the 4th. I am having the same procedure on the 8th and looking forward to being able to see clearly again.
Jim

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”