Should I throw a bid on this?

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Muffinman88

Should I throw a bid on this?

Post by Muffinman88 »

The Remington stamp looks a little weird to me, but it might just be me. I don’t have a folder with a guard on yet and this one caught my eye.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204192140331?m ... emis&media
If you have a knife, I’ll probably overpay for it.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Should I throw a bid on this?

Post by philco »

I'm no Remington expert, but that one looks OK to me. It's a modern knife produced in 2007. If someone was going to fake one, they'd fake an old Remington.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

philco wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:44 am I'm no Remington expert, but that one looks OK to me. It's a modern knife produced in 2007. If someone was going to fake one, they'd fake an old Remington.
::tu::
Roger
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Looks like the real McCoy to me, but I don't think it's that rare.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230101-091923.png
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”