Mail call

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Drukai

Mail call

Post by Drukai »

Just got this in today R2053 really love the bone. Only weird thing is main blade almost seems like a cam tang. Secondary definitely has a half stop. Maybe built that way or main blade spring is just worn out. ::shrug::
Attachments
63679A62-7E8B-4FD9-BD00-3F645D1EFF8A.jpeg
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

In search of GEC 15 Farm Boy knife user or new(My Grail)
remington collector

Re: Mail call

Post by remington collector »

Looks good. ::tu:: If the tang is worn, the backspring will usually sit low in the frame when the blade is in the closed position.
dlr110
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by dlr110 »

Nice one, I like the handle.
Also just letting you know there is already a "Mail Call" thread that has been around for a long time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18774&start=30225
David R (United States Navy Retired)
Don't just count your many blessings, be the blessing others count on!
Visit my website: Woodburning Art by David https://www.wdbydavid.com/
Drukai

Post by Drukai »

dlr110 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:20 am Nice one, I like the handle.
Also just letting you know there is already a "Mail Call" thread that has been around for a long time.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18774&start=30225
A mail call for Remington knives sorry musta missed it. Sorry will look more next time
"I don't think you can ever do your best. Doing your best is a process of trying to do your best". Townes Van Zandt

Drukai

Post by Drukai »

remington collector wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:52 am Looks good. ::tu:: If the tang is worn, the backspring will usually sit low in the frame when the blade is in the closed position.
Thank you sits flush in closed position..flushed the joints it’s getting better.

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”