Anyone familiar with the Remington BSA Scout Knife?

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Anyone familiar with the Remington BSA Scout Knife?

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Anyone familiar with the Remington BSA Scout Knife? My understanding is that the original Remington Knife factory only made knives for 20 years. I as trying to get a better idea from the tang stamps and it appears to be made between 1924 and 1933. Any other would be helpful. It is not in the best of shape, so I would be curious as to what other members might think the value could be.
Attachments
DSCF1519.JPG
DSCF1520.JPG
DSCF1521.JPG
DSCF1522.JPG
DSCF1524.JPG
DSCF1526.JPG
DSCF1528.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
tongueriver

Re: Anyone familiar with the Remington BSA Scout Knife?

Post by tongueriver »

Is this helpful?
Rem scouts001.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

They might have only made knives for 39 years, but man did they make a pile of them. ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
clockman

Post by clockman »

Hi, Randy here. your knife is not worth a lot of money due to broken punch and the main blade being sharpened way down. Nice bone on it though. Maybe $30.00 or so value
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

1967redrider wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm They might have only made knives for 39 years, but man did they make a pile of them. ::tu::
Remington started manufacturing knives after WWI (around 1920) and exited the business in 1940 when they sold the cutlery operation to Pal Cutlery. By my poor Texas country boy math that’s about 20 years. But they were indeed prolific!

The OP knife and it’s variations was one of their most prolific patterns, if not the most. Hundreds of them are sold on eBay, most in similar or better condition than the OP knife. A really nice one in excellent to mint condition will bring good money. In the condition yours is in it’s basically a parts knife. I’d say $30 previously mentioned is generous but it shouldn’t be difficult to find comparables on eBay.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Typoed 19. :oops:
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Lostvalley

Post by Lostvalley »

I would be interested in it if you decide to sell it because I need the bail for a knife I have. Jpitt306@earthlink.net

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”