Is this real? R193

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
brianrent

Is this real? R193

Post by brianrent »

This was in a vintage collection that my great uncle had with many Case knives from the 60's and 70's. Cant find anything about any R193 anywhere.
Attachments
20201114_140018.jpg
20201114_140034.jpg
20201114_140039.jpg
20201114_140054.jpg
20201114_140058.jpg
20201114_140109.jpg
20201114_135936.jpg
20201114_135946.jpg
Beavertail

Re: Is this real? R193

Post by Beavertail »

The Remington experts here will know, but I believe this is a total counterfeit.
The stampings look cold stamped and the Remington etch look off.
Everyone gets ahold of a bad once in a while. ::handshake::
Tim
pearlroosterman

Post by pearlroosterman »

Tim is correct, 100% counterfeit.
John
brianrent

Post by brianrent »

That's what i figured. It's still a cool knife. What to do with it is the question. I have been tasked with selling them all for my great aunt.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK.

You’ll need to explain to her that it’s a counterfeit and thus not worth much. Might make a user for yourself or someone in your family that would like to have a keepsake from your uncle.

Hopefully the others aren’t like that one.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

That blade etch is awful.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:27 pm That blade etch is awful.

Looks inked and a cold stamp pattern number. Very randomly bizarre jigging too.

::welcome:: to AAPK, brianrent! Sometimes you strike it big in the knife world, sometimes you strike out. But you will get an honest answer here. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
brianrent

Post by brianrent »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:16 pm Welcome to AAPK.

You’ll need to explain to her that it’s a counterfeit and thus not worth much. Might make a user for yourself or someone in your family that would like to have a keepsake from your uncle.

Hopefully the others aren’t like that one.

Ken
The others are Case and they are real as far as I can tell. I used the value guide on this site to price them on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/humdinger-csg
bill schrade

Post by bill schrade »

Back in 79 I ran an add in the local paper looking for former employees of the George Schrade Knife Co. for a book about my great grandfather. I received a call from an old cutler who worked for Remington. When Remington shut down their cutlery division he and other cutlers were allowed to take all the knife parts home. This cutler was mixing up pattern numbers and blades that didn't match. He then told me he was selling everything he made to a very well known knife dealer now deceased whom I won't mention. 100's of them. Beware.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

bill schrade wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:10 am Back in 79 I ran an add in the local paper looking for former employees of the George Schrade Knife Co. for a book about my great grandfather. I received a call from an old cutler who worked for Remington. When Remington shut down their cutlery division he and other cutlers were allowed to take all the knife parts home. This cutler was mixing up pattern numbers and blades that didn't match. He then told me he was selling everything he made to a very well known knife dealer now deceased whom I won't mention. 100's of them. Beware.
::facepalm:: I bet I can guess who it was, and I’ll only need one guess.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Yeah, I bet I can figure it out too. ::facepalm::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”