My collection

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My collection

Post by doglegg »

Keith, it just keeps getting better. ::tu::
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Beautiful display cases. Congratulations.
RLP

Post by RLP »

Bowing before the King, Truly an amazing collection Sir!!!
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Beautiful displays Keith!
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

You have created your own private museum! ::tu:: ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Thanks guys ::handshake::
It's fun.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Not surprised Keith... love it brother, keep up the great work. What a wonderful reference guide you are providing and intelligent informed information you are sharing. You are one of the rare breeds! Love it!! ::handshake:: ::ds:: ::tu::

Rocky
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE
TPK

Post by TPK »

Looks awesome with the rifles & knives together in one show case Kieth!!! Very cool display! ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Thanks Tom,
Rocky, great to see you posting. ::handshake:: thanks for the compliments
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

Very impressive collection, especially for such a short time collecting! You must have added more! :D I am bidding on my first Remington knife right now. It has Pearl handles. Where is a good place to learn about their history? If I win, I will see what you can tell me about it. Thanks.
Larry
Larry

Each one, teach one.
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

Great collection Keith.
“You’re not a hoarder if your stuff is cool”
👍👍👍
espn77

Post by espn77 »

::tu::
schmoozer wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 am Great collection Keith.
“You’re not a hoarder if your stuff is cool”
👍👍👍
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

boykinlp wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 am Very impressive collection, especially for such a short time collecting! You must have added more! :D I am bidding on my first Remington knife right now. It has Pearl handles. Where is a good place to learn about their history? If I win, I will see what you can tell me about it. Thanks.
Larry
Larry, please learn before bidding. An education is priceless, but making mistakes can’t be expensive. Buy the reference books, and learn slowly. Making a $500 mistake can turn you off from the hobby.
Read the older posts, spend 6 months getting educated before your first purchase.
You can also learn from your mistakes…
boykinlp

Post by boykinlp »

schmoozer wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:13 am
boykinlp wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 am Very impressive collection, especially for such a short time collecting! You must have added more! :D I am bidding on my first Remington knife right now. It has Pearl handles. Where is a good place to learn about their history? If I win, I will see what you can tell me about it. Thanks.
Larry
Larry, please learn before bidding. An education is priceless, but making mistakes can’t be expensive. Buy the reference books, and learn slowly. Making a $500 mistake can turn you off from the hobby.
Read the older posts, spend 6 months getting educated before your first purchase.
You can also learn from your mistakes…
schmoozer, don't worry, I am just dipping my little toe into the Remington Knife collection pool, and not looking for expensive collectors, just nice user representation. I won the Pearl handled knife and a vintage BSA Scout knife. Here is what I "think" I know for each one:
1. Remington Genuine Pearl Senator's Knife Model R7854 - The front of the spear blade is stamped with the encircled Remington marking with "Made in USA" around the circle, while the smaller pen blade is stamped with the encircled Remington. No cracks in Pearl. I think it might be from about 1935.
2. Antique Remington UMC Official BSA Scout Knife Model RS3333 - Knife from 1920 to 1940 era. Marked on spear and punch blades. Two piece can opener is marked REMINGTON over a patent number. Nickel silver bolsters, and pins, brass liners. Milled or gimped center liner. Dark colored jigged bovine bone handles. All blades are full with minor patina, have strong snap, and no wobble. Used, and lightly sharpened. The main spear has a faint remnant of the OFFICIAL BOY SCOUTS etch/inking remaining. Punch blade has original bluing inside.

I am happy with them, and didn't spend very much on them. What do I have wrong and what else do I need to know? Thanks for any information.
Larry
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Larry

Each one, teach one.
schmoozer

Post by schmoozer »

Larry, you have nothing wrong if you are happy with your purchases. My comment was purely cautionary. Reference books and research are an excellent investment. Good luck!
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

Is this knife cleaned too much to have any value?
Attachments
FB695BA6-2B0D-40D4-A497-8A447B7DB1DA.jpeg
06CA9B09-821F-43C1-90B7-4ACB128BD8E7.jpeg
531763CE-1A48-4E71-AF01-D72EAE280C83.jpeg
B3E112E8-7B07-418B-B221-134E17762146.jpeg
espn77

Post by espn77 »

Jacknifeben wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:39 pm Is this knife cleaned too much to have any value?
That knife is rare enough it will always have value
Jacknifeben

Post by Jacknifeben »

Thanks for the reply, I always wondered because the one reference book didn’t even have a real picture of a R 943.
enuf
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by enuf »

espn77 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 am.
I know this is a little older thread, but this is a great collection and display. ::tu::
Dan - ATA NSSA
LKSKNIVES
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by LKSKNIVES »

Keith, I know this is an older thread also the collection is excellent and display is equally as impressive.
Steve

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”